“Love this Place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warhawk Air Museum

Warhawk Air Museum
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Nampa
More attraction details
Owner description: The Warhawk Air Museum is a not for profit organization funded entirely by individual donations and private foundations. The mission of the museum is to teach and preserve America’s history during times of war from the home front to the war front and aviation history from the advent of flight through the space age. The Warhawk Air Museum encourages an educational experience about the technology, culture, and social changes that have occurred in North America during times of war.
Cedar Park, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Love this Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Every visit here has been great. This last visit they had reduced some of the actual planes but I could spend hours looking at the displays & reading them. Very well done museum.

2 Thank C-monkey

Boise
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Small museum, really worth the detour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

If you are in the vicinity, just go and take a look. It does not take much money or time, and the museum shows an interesting mix of aircraft and war memorabilia.
I mean, which other air museum shows a bridal gown? -it is not a gimmick: it deserves to be there.
So, take exit 38 on the I-84 -you won't regret the decision.

2 Thank spanish2
Salt Lake, Utah
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Stuff and More Stuff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you are a memorabilia and history freak then this place is definitely for you. If you want to teach your children (or yourself) more about history then come here. There is something for everyone. It is one of the most amazing museums I have ever been in. They have military history from WWI right up until the current conflicts. I have never seen so much memorabilia in one place. I could have spent many more hours in this place. I will definitely be going back and it is very easy to get to, just follow the billboards and road signs on the freeway. It is only about 20/30 minutes from downtown Boise. Loved it!

1 Thank beachbird123
Payette, Idaho, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great Air Conditioning - oh, and an excellent museum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Y'know, sometimes you choose to go somewhere when it is just too hot! That was the day we went to the Warhawk Air Museum. But the air conditioning that greeted us the minute we walked in the door was a great reward for braving the heat. This is an amazing museum. I learned so much from my visit. I didn't realize how many people from Idaho had been involved in so many of the wars. My favorite exhibits were the artistic things soldiers had made from everyday items. Sometimes they carved wood or ivory or parts of their supplies. Other soldiers made attractive lamps, canes, pens and other decorative things from bullet casings (some huge ones, some small ones). That section just glowed from all the polished brass! There were great notebooks everywhere with personal letters, awards, photos, and details of the lives of many different people. It has clearly been a huge labor of love from the volunteers and family members of soldiers who have contributed to the museum. I volunteer at our local museum and was immensely impressed at the amount of work, skill, and dedication that was visible at every turn. The museum workers were so knowledgeable and kind to us as we visited and browsed. We definitely plan to get back there soon for a second visit. I recommend the Warhawk Air Museum to anyone interested in learning about the people who fought our wars.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lucinda S
Nampa, Idaho
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

The museum houses an extensive collection of magazines, photos, magazines, arms, planes, etc. from past wars. It is a fascinating historical museum and I highly recommend it. I have been there multiple times.

Visited March 2013

Been to Warhawk Air Museum? Share your experiences!