“FAir food fair service”

Cuisines: American
Caldwell, Idaho
“FAir food fair service”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

depends on when you go: breakfast is always fairly busy and service is somewhat slow, food is good though; lunch time: service is ok, menu somewhat limited, food is fair, dinner: better service, food decent, deserts are really good, prices are average, someplace to go while out shopping

• Visited February 2014

“Good food but small portions.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We eat there every couple of months just to break the usual places we dine. The food is tasty but don't go hungry. The last time we had pies, the wedge was only about 1.5 inches. I am used to a fifth of a pie other places.

• Visited July 2013
Nampa, Idaho
“Don't go for anything too fancy”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The food, however, is so-so. Some friends and I had a girls night out there and ordered the prime rib. I can't speak to how theirs was, but mine was better with my eggs the next morning. They do not cook the roast in house, which is a mistake. The portions are sliced off and microwaved. Ugh. The server also did not ask us how we wanted ours, my friends were happy with well done. I sent mine back for medium rare. When it came it was medium rare, but cold. The shrimp that was part of my order was fine, but a little on the tough side - overcooked. The onion rings were delicious and the steamed vegetables were fine, though the side of butter I requested did not appear.

So if you go, stick to plain food which Shari's does very well.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Sharon G
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“All depends on the staff . . .”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We popped in for breakfast - staff were welcoming, helpful and the atmosphere was good. Breakfast was delicious!
We enjoyed the experience so much we chose to go back for their Friday 'Special Steak Night'. The girl on the door was curt but said all the right things - we were then ignored and had to ask for service. (The restaurant was busy but not packed.). Steaks were good although folks behind sent theirs back as they were over-cooked. No service check at all then waitress arrived with our check and asked if we would like dessert.....we were only half way through dinner!
Disappointing . . .

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank GadaboutLass
Nampa, Idaho
“Shari's is Denny's wife I think, or close relative...”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I'd have to give Shari's about the same rating as most Denny's. The one in Nampa is always open, and sometimes that's all you need. When I eat there I always order something nearly indestructible, like eggs or pancakes. Shakes are good too. I don't want to give the wrong impression, Shari's is OK, it's just that unless it's 2AM, there are so many other choices that are better (in my opinion).

Visited May 2012