“Don't go for anything too fancy”
Review of Shari's

Shari's
Ranked #116 of 205 Restaurants in Nampa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The food, however, is so-so. Some friends and I had a girls night out there and ordered the prime rib. I can't speak to how theirs was, but mine was better with my eggs the next morning. They do not cook the roast in house, which is a mistake. The portions are sliced off and microwaved. Ugh. The server also did not ask us how we wanted ours, my friends were happy with well done. I sent mine back for medium rare. When it came it was medium rare, but cold. The shrimp that was part of my order was fine, but a little on the tough side - overcooked. The onion rings were delicious and the steamed vegetables were fine, though the side of butter I requested did not appear.

So if you go, stick to plain food which Shari's does very well.

2  Thank Sharon G
There are newer reviews for Shari's

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We popped in for breakfast - staff were welcoming, helpful and the atmosphere was good. Breakfast was delicious!
We enjoyed the experience so much we chose to go back for their Friday 'Special Steak Night'. The girl on the door was curt but said all the right things - we were then ignored and had to ask for service. (The restaurant was busy but not packed.). Steaks were good although folks behind sent theirs back as they were over-cooked. No service check at all then waitress arrived with our check and asked if we would like dessert.....we were only half way through dinner!
Disappointing . . .

2  Thank GadaboutLass
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I'd have to give Shari's about the same rating as most Denny's. The one in Nampa is always open, and sometimes that's all you need. When I eat there I always order something nearly indestructible, like eggs or pancakes. Shakes are good too. I don't want to give the wrong impression, Shari's is OK, it's just that unless it's 2AM, there are so many other choices that are better (in my opinion).

2  Thank nogrey
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I had never heard of this particular chain, but glad we walked into it for a late but light dinner.
I ordered the oatmeal, - which was steel cut- and an English muffin. My husband tried the butternut squash soup, which was delicious, and a half a turkey sandwich on rye.
The pie selection can be overwhelming! They looked all so fresh and scrumptious, even at the time of day we were there. We chose the apple pie, and were not disappointed. Its flaky crust, large apple pieces, and cinnamon juices made for it one decent piece of American pie! Washed down with their bold, fresh coffee, we were glad we'd found this place ~
We will definitely be on the lookout for other Shari's locations , if we can't make it back to this one!

2  Thank salzburgchic
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Super food great service, very hood value