Tripadvisor
Nampa
Post
Inbox
Search

“Service has Really Improved!”
Review of Sizzler

Sizzler
Order Online
Ranked #116 of 247 Restaurants in Nampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Description: Sizzler is home to U.S.D.A Choice steaks cut fresh in-house daily, seafood, including fresh, sustainable Salmon, all complimented by our famous Craft Salad Bar.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We’ve been eating at Sizzlers in Nampa for more than 20 years. It used to be a family favorite. Then for a while it had gotten so bad (service, food and nasty restrooms) that we just didn’t go there for a long time. We decided to try again recently and we were pleasantly surprised by 2 of the 3 main concerns with any restaurant. The service has dramatically improved and it is refreshing to come into the place and be treated respectfully and to get the level of service we expect for the prices. Also, the food is good and the salad bar is fresh and clean, that makes me happy because I’m picky about those things. I have to knock a point off for the restrooms though. I typically take off more for bad bathrooms on a review but I realize that it’s probably going to take a full remodel to fix the problems there and I’m hopeful that they will get to it soon. We will go there again but I won’t call it a favorite because I can’t recommend it or suggest to friends that we go there if the restrooms are nasty.

Date of visit: January 2020
therealgretchen, Owner at Sizzler, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Gotta G.,
Thank you for the thoughtful review. I hope our restrooms were clean and tidy. As for their size, the building is nearly 50 years old and to remodel the restrooms is actually space prohibited. So, we unfortunately can't make them any bigger. However, please come back soon, as we are "refreshing" the interior of the well-loved restaurant. Again, thanks for your review and we're glad you had a positive experience. Gretchen / owner

Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

We have visited this Sizzler at least four times since my last review. This is the run down:

Your meal is ordered at the front desk after reading the menu on the wall. They have a decent selection of Chicken, fish, meat and salad bar options.

I always get a kick out of the “Senior Salmon” menu option. However, The salmon is always fresh.

The salad bar is well stocked with veggie and salad options. A full salad bar provides access to ice cream, brownies, and cupcakes. As well as a limited selection of Mexican and Italian dishes.

I wish they had Texas toast instead of cheese bread. But, that saves calories.

Service varies. Sometimes you have three. Star service. And other times five star.

The clientele is mixed.

Date of visit: September 2019

Hey Michael,

Thank you for the comprehensive review. I'm glad you consider us a favorite spot. Upon your next visit, if the service is only three stars, please call me. I'll make it right. Gretchen | 208-949-9400

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

My mother will be turning 90 this week and she wanted a meal from Sizzler. She is unable to leave the house so I stopped at the nampa location to fulfill her request. The young girl behind the counter was extremely rude and I had to keep repeating my order. I asked for chicken, baked potato n steamed broccoli. When the meal was brought to me, the order was wrong. She hasn't given me the broccoli and when I askwd about it she said: "You only get one side". She had NOT listened when I placed the order and she walked away. I told her I want broccoli and I had to pay an additional 2.75. When I arrived home the broccoli was small pieces, overcooked and several pieces are burnt. My advice...Stay out of this location. The manager was informed and like her young staff....didn't seem to care.

Date of visit: May 2019

Dear JobSeeker0827,
We communicated with one another directly. I apologized profusely and sent you a certificate to more than cover your costs--yet, you write a negative review. While you had a truly bad experience, we worked as hard as we could to fix it. It's too bad our personal communications, and compensation weren't enough to make you fell as though we had done our best to make things right. -Gretchen

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

The fresh salmon I had at Sizzler was perhaps the best I have had anywhere. They know how to commit perfectly. Moist and flakey where it is often served over cooked and dry at most restaurants. Salad bar was wonderful. Well stocked with fresh veggies and fruit. Taco bar was a treat. Especially, the pork carnitas. Keisha, our server, was genuine with her hospitality and made sure we were happy diners.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank williammB5000GI

William, Thank you for the five star rating! We're stoked we earned it! Our Nampa Sizzler will get a bit of a facelift, very soon (look for that). We hope to see you back in our restaurant soon. Best, Gretchen | owner

Reviewed January 3, 2018

I have been taking my wife here for several years for the Salad Bar. It is well furnished and fresh every time we visit. On our last visit I had an entree and added french fires as a side. The entree was awesome, the fries were an embarrassment to this Idaho farmer.
Fries are supposed to be crispy and brown, not white, soft and oily. Turn the heat up on your fryer please and add a minute. Please don't embarrass our great State's pride by offering a terrible potato product..please fix so I can raise this rating..

Date of visit: January 2018

Hello BMWRider_12,
As of May of 2018, this Sizzler has new owners! Please come back and have some more steak fries. If your visit is anything less than enjoyable, please call me 208-949-9400. Thanks, Gretchen | owner

Been to Sizzler? Share your experiences!