“Takeout food saves the day after a long day on the road...”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed at the Downtown Motel in Nampa (which I have previously reviewed). After a long day of roadtripping, we wanted something warm but easy. This restaurant was nearly walking distance from the motel, and we got some good takeout (almond chicken). It was plenty for the both of us and good. I can't speak for the atmosphere or whatever, as my boyfriend went to pick up the food, and I didn't set foot inside the place.

1  Thank LovesNeon

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Every time we visit Idaho, we make sure we go to Hong Kong at least a couple of times. The crab rangoons and pork and seeds are so delicious!

1  Thank nats3boys
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was the worst Chinese food that we have ever been served.We ordered the family dinner for two.
Salad- served with a mayonnaise dressing..Chinese??
Pork with Seeds; Dried small pieces of ham served with hot mustard and ketsup ??
Chicken chow mein: We firmly believe it was out of a can.
Mandarin Chicken; A bowl of breaded chicken strips served dry..Yuk
Pork Fried Rice; Tasteless.
Egg Roll- Tasteless.

2  Thank snappyaz
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was my second visit to this restaurant. During my first visit I had a bad cold but, the food still tasted good so we thought we would give it another try. I don't think I will drive 25 miles to visit it again. First off, the pork fried rice was tasteless and on the dry side. The Spanish chow mien was a huge platter of celery and dry noodles with a gummy tomato paste based sauce. Admittedly, this was an experiment as I have never seen this on the menu at a Chinese restaurant before. The experiment failed. Lastly, we had a chicken cordon blue type dish with standard Mandarin sauce on the side. It is an interesting idea and the best of the three dishes but not that much better than standard Mandarin chicken. On the plus side, my gin and tonic with well gin was great. The portions are huge here. We brought home as much as the two of us ate in the restaurant. For a locally owned Nampa institution we a generally good reputation, our visit was disappointing. Usually, I try to support local merchants over chains. But, a week before dining at Hong Kong, we tried Ling and Louie's for the first time. The food was inventive and tasty. And while pricier, it was worth it.

1  Thank PrettyGoodGolfer
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I really enjoy chinese food. I believe that when a person dines out, they are going for an experience. By that I mean, great food and great service. When we dined here on Thurs. April 18, 2013 we were not prepared for our experience. Upon entering the front of the restaurant, we were greeted by a guy, in his early 20's.....our first impression was, we must be in a skateboard shop. We were not impressed at ALL! The male had a baseball cap on, with a flat bill, sunglasses that were attached to the back of his head, flannel shirt that wasn't tucked in, and tennis shoes. This was the sloppiest "host" that I have ever encountered. There was only one other couple in the building at the time, and they were elderly. Our host wanted to seat us next to the "dish station", where all the dishes are placed after the table have been cleared, extremely noisy. Our waitress arrived, took our order. She was friendly, very chatty and loved calling the elderly couple "kids". When our order arrived, nothing was hot, everything tasted the same....very greasy. She never ask how our food was, otherwise I would have told her that this food had all the same taste, good thing they have hot mustard to change the taste. At one point, when the waitress hollered out to the four of us "is EVERYONE doin ok? She was only maybe 10 ft. away. We didn't know if we were in the school cafeteria, or a comedy club. I wish there were a better place in Nampa, for great chinese food. Hong Kong used to be the BEST, but that hasn't been the case, for at least five years, which is too bad, it's been around for over 50 yrs.

Been to Hong Kong Restaurant? Share your experiences!