“Nothing Special Here”

Chapala
Ranked #17 of 207 Restaurants in Nampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Most over priced Mexican Food in Nampa. Look around no Hispanics here other than wait staff.
No Lunch specials here on weekends, other local Mexican restaurants highlight there lunch specials. Last time I was there, had a large group on Sunday, chips came in repeatedly smaller baskets. Pico degio was bland and watery. Food is greasy and poorly prepared. Margaritas are watery and poor quality . Watch the 18.5 % gratuity for groups.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Came for lunch and would return. Since I was with a group of 8, and none of us had any complaints about the quality of the food I would definitely give it another try. The chicken and beef dishes were well seasoned (not overly salted, but seasoned) and the dips were tasteful. You can get slightly better Mexican food but you will pay much too. Very good.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Very comparable to other Mexican chain restaurants I've been to. Maybe better, chapala has more options and they cook their food better.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Five of us decided to try Chapala's after golf and the food was out quickly and was outstanding. Better chips and salsa at other places but these were adequate, but when the main meals came, we all were impressed. For me, I had quit chimichangas a while back because of the deep fried issues. Didn't need the grease and calories -- but they have grilled chimi's and they were outstanding! Everything fresh and hot with exceptional service to boot. I'd send my friends there.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

In Nampa this is one of very few places to bother eating. I recommend the Seven Seas Soup if you like seafood. A little $$$ but worth it. You can order things "homestyle" and get the
un-Americanized version of many items. The staff is super friendly and it is really ok for families.
When your kids make a bit of a mess the staff doesn't care. Typically there are other families there.