“Tried again, but no success”
Review of John Doe's Pub and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
John Doe's Pub and Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I went to dinner with some friends on a Monday night. My friend was wanting a mixed drink and I knew they probably wouldn’t have them, but we asked anyway and they don’t. They just serve beer and wine. I asked them if they had any drink specials. He said no. I found that weird for a pub, not to have a drink special every night of the week. The specials that they do have aren’t really that great. My two friends wanted Mike’s Hard Cranberry Lemonade. He came back and said they don’t have it. Then they wanted something else and they didn’t have it either. Finally we got the drinks taken care of. We ordered our food. Each plate is about $10. I had the special for the night which was a Philly Cheese Steak with au jus. Two of my friends had cheeseburgers and my other friend had fingersteaks (appetizer). Our waiter came back out and looked at me and started to say something. I said, “You better not tell me you’re out of the special for the day.” (I was frustrated with the hassle we had just gone through with the drinks) He said, “Well, actually . . no never mind. That’s right, our chef came in any cut the meat up this morning” and then walked away. What just happened???? My personal opinion was that they didn’t have any more meat cut up and really didn’t want to have to do it just for me, but when he saw my face, he decided that might not be such a good thing to say. When we got our food, I didn’t have cheese on my sandwich and I think it might have been processed meat, because it sure didn’t look like steak. When I asked for my au jus he said none was made and do I want him to make some up which to me almost proves what I was thinking before. Good grief! It was the special of the day! I told him no – just forget it. I asked my friend how his burger was (we had been eating a while and he said, “I don’t know. I haven’t got to the actual burger yet.” There was about a ½ inch around the entire bun that wasn’t filled with meat. My friend said his finger steaks were good. They certainly looked better than the time I had them when I first came here. I didn’t try his though. Over all, I’m still not too happy with this place. I wished I was because it’s so close to my house and it’s nice to have a little pub & grill close by. I guess I’m going to have to find another spot because I won’t be coming back here.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Went there 3/9 with some friends. Its super nice to see a restaurant in my area now! So, I had the Philly Cheesesteak, wife had the Chicken Quesadilla. The cheesesteak was unbelievable.. very tender and i loved it. The wife loved the quesadilla, said the chicken was seasoned great and she loved the black bean spread on it. The kids both got mini corn dogs and they were your typical corn dogs you can get anywhere, but they loved them as well ;) The service was a little slow, I had to ask the owner for some help... then I got a red head waitress who was a little snippy.. kind of odd. Anyways, hopefully they will get more tv's, seemed pretty packed when I was there so Im glad they are doing well! I will definately be back John Doe's!

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I and my nephew just went to John Doe's Pub & Grill. Not the coziest of places. Cement floors, exposed ceilings, but most pub and grills aren't really that cozy. However, it was really cold to us. I asked that they turn the heat up. I don't know that it was ever done. I had to get a blanket out of the car for my nephew (8 years old). There are only 3 big screen tv's. Hopefully, they will add more if they continue with success. It's a small little pub/grill with probably 15 - 20 table tops. They have a pool table and a video game room. There was a lot of football parapharnalia hanging on the wall. It seems to be a sports pub for sure. I ordered fingersteaks with tater tots and my nephew had the kids cheese burger and fries. He really liked the cheese burger. It semed to be pretty juicy. He ate it up quick. I'm still trying to decide on the fingersteaks. Either the grease was old or they burnt my fingersteaks. The steak was pretty tender though. The tater tots were really good and the cocktail sauce for the fingersteaks was different, but pretty good. They serve beer and wine, but I'm not sure what they had on tap because I didn't have any acohol to drink. They have sandwiches, burgers, appetizers and desserts. The service was pretty good. Their prices were pretty decent. I paid $18 for our dinner. The kids meal was $5.99, my fingersteaks were $8.99 (appetizer) and the tots were a couple more dollars. The kids meal came with a full size drink. I would be willing to go back and try something else. Nice to have a pub in the neighborhood. Would be nice if they turn the heat up and got more tv's. I'm not sure if they have outdoor seating or not since it's winter time. Hopefully so.