“Pizza not that great”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've eaten at lots of pizza places and this one ranks near the bottom, pizza is chewy, doughy, too spicy sauce, very light on toppings, overpriced. Service is average if you get it. Not in for a repeat visit.

SmokyMtnPizza, Director of Food & Beverage at Smoky Mountain Pizzeria Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hi Fred-

I wanted to thank you for the feed back, good, bad or indifferent it is always taken seriously. I would certainly like to talk to you more about your experience so that I can follow up at the store, but right now we will go back to the basics and work on those things which have typically set us a part like a well topped pizza. Thanks again.

Tom Reding

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our teenage server left a lot to be desired. Probably not her fault, but the the employees need better training. The hostesses seemed confused as well and it wasn't overly busy. My huckleberry martini was okay, but the pizza left a lot to be desired with a mushy crust. The server didn't know the menu very well at all. I won't be back anytime soon, which is disappointing since Nampa doesn't have a very dynamic dining scene.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The pasta dishes are the best thing to get here. The pizza is good as well, but I find it hard to make myself order anything other than their fresh pastas now that I've tasted some of the rest of their menu. And this place is the best for kids as well. They bring the kids plates out with a frisbee, a complete coloring book, etc. Kids eat free on Sundays!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went to luch with a work associate. We both ordered personal pan pizza's with salad. The pizza was pretty good and the salad was very plain. The service was average. I probably will not eat at this location again. I can find better options all over the valley.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I love Smoky Mtn! My favorite item on the menu is the Chicken teriyaki fettucine. The teriyaki sauce is great! The restaurant in Nampa is the closest to my house, so I usually go to that one. I have had some not so good customer service at this location. My grandmother and I went for dinner and we sat at our table for over 20 minutes before anyone came over to acknowledge us. We observed several staff members walking right by us just talking and having a great time without helping customers. We finally were able to get somone's attention, and the server told us that the server who was supposed to be assisting us had gone on break and that she would help us. She was great and the rest of the evening was uneventful. I usually sit at the bar when I am by myself, and the bar service is good, but just beware that the customer service is lacking, but the food is great.

SmokyMtnPizza, Director of F & B at Smoky Mountain Pizzeria Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

lizlsw79-

Thank you for the great input, while i love the fact that the food is great, i apologize if we have fallen down on the service side. We will get the Managers together and actively work to get better! It's a
team and we need to work together to provide the service you deserve. Thanks again!

Tom Reding