“Constructive criticizm”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Nampa
Bend, Oregon
“Constructive criticizm”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at your inn. Overall we enjoyed our time however I must point out a couple things. I went down to the lobby at 6:55 to get a cup of coffee and the pot was lukewarm and appeared to be from the previous day judging from its weight. The breakfast lady didn't have the items for our choosing out on the counter until 7:10. I would suggest the Fairfield Inn have breakfast ready at 6:30 at the latest. Most travelers want to get up and get on the road early and if the breakfast bar is later this doesn't work very well. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MANAGERNAMPA, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Boise Nampa, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your review, I apologize that our breakfast wasn't ready as you expected when you came down in the morning. We will work with our breakfast team to insure that this is an isolated incidence, thank you again for bring these items to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Baker City, Oregon
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have never been disappointed. The staff is warm and friendly. They make you feel like your at home. The rooms are always clean and well maintained. Watch for the specials because some times it really does pay to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review, I'm glad to hear that your stay with us met your expectations. We look forward to your next stay and we really appreciate your feedback!
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The location of the inn was great, lots of shopping and restaurants close by. Clean rooms and great breakfast. Pool and hot tub where bright and clean with pool towels waiting. Wish the bathroom had an exhaust fan. After a shower and other things the bathroom could use a fan but I would definatly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel run by Marriott was very clean and comfortable. The pillows varied in thickness, which I appreciated since I sleep on a thin pillow. Although it is very close to the freeway, the road noise at night was minimal. The fix-it-yourself breakfast was very good with much more than a standard continental selection (waffles, sandwiches, and more). As a hotel for our reunion stay, the breakfast area also had a sofa/love-seat grouping that worked well for visiting with other reunion attendees staying in our hotel, and family members from the area. A computer with printer in the lobby made it easy to print our return boarding passes. I guess you can tell we liked this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
San Ramon, California
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The staff was friendly, the room and property were very clean and it was a quiet place to stay. The mattress was excellent and bedding was very nice. We never asked for help, but we never figured out the heating system. Breakfast options were ok, however if you arrived during the last half hour of service the selection was limited.
We had a six day stay, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Oak Forest, Illinois
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was approx the 2nd time we stayed at this establishment. We were given complimentary bottles of water (didn't receive cookies :( . Maybe because we arrived late?! LOL). The room was an good size for 2 people. Our room type was "Guest room, 1 King (bed)". The bed was quite comfortable. I know hotel/motel showers are never like yours at home, but have to mention that the shower spray was good, but the water was possibly the "treated" kind as to say when you rinsed off, it still felt like you had a "soap film" on you. Even when you washed your hands in the sink. The other few drawbacks was the fan in the bathroom stayed on the whole time (couldn't turn it off), you have highway traffic noise and there are about 3 train whistles (laughed and told hubby that it reminded me of the movie "My Cousin Vinny" except nothing rattled off the tabletops...LOL!!) Otherwise for the price that was paid, it was a good quality room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Henderson, NV
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My extended family and I stayed here for a few nights. The rates that were offered were reasonable, but we used Marriott comp points for the rooms. Still, the hotel was nice enough, I would have paid for the room. The staff are all very friendly. The interior and exterior very clean and well appointed. This was an accomplishment as there were not one but TWO college soccer teams staying there at the same time. This could have been chaos, but the staff pulled it off nicely.

My room had one king size bed that was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on in a while. I'd gladly put a torch to my own mattress if I could get one of these in return! The televsion had more channels than any hotel I've every been in, even some of the nicer hotels in Vegas. All of the linens had a nice, clean smell, although the bath towels could have beena little softer. Still, if that's my only issue with things within the hotel's control, they are WAY ahead of the curve.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious. Among some of the items they offer on their complimentary breakfast (as of the minute I'm writing this, so don't hold them to it in a year) are Activia yogurt, do it yourself blueberry and regular waffles, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, fruit, coffee, milks and cereal. Really an excellent selection, and I've only listed a portion of the offerings. Plus, there were complimentary newspapers for guests. The pool and spa area, and the workout room, were clean and busy.

Now for the drawbacks, and there are a few potentially big ones. First, there is a train track across the freeway from the hotel. We couldn't hear any of the freeway noise, but the train horn went off a few times during the night because of the intersection it had to go through. This could be an issue for light sleepers. Second, The hotel is a little hard to get to. Easy to see, but hard to get to. Get a good map from Mapquest or Google to see where you will need to turn. Last, the smell from neighboring pastures and the sugar beet factory down the road infiltrate the building. It's not always noticeable, but when it is, it can be bad.

With that said, I would still stay here in a heartbeat. The hotel and the staff more than make up for the drawbacks. I might suggest requesting to be placed at the end of the hotel away from the freeway, I think it would be the northeast side. That will give you be best chance at avoiding the noise issue. Like I said, I will use this hotel next time I'm in Nampa. You should to...

Room Tip: I might suggest requesting to be placed at the end of the hotel away from the freeway, I think it wo...