We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mountain Home
Thunderbird Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mountain Home
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

On our trip to Yellow Stone and looked for a quick and cheap place to sleep @ 1am. Compared to some hostels we have been in this is pretty do-able! This place is not for the hotel motel holiday Inn type! But it is super clean. ( my room was at least) Neighborhood is good and quiet, but you do hear the train that is right across the street go by. Which doesn't bother me, but may bother some. Clean & Affordable.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank RoadTripzzz

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The first impression is the office. It smelled of rancid grease and was filled with junk and overflowing ash trays. The manager was very matter of fact, but not at all friendly. We would have moved on, but we were on a motorcycle with a nasty looking storm moving in. After a little private debate (much to the annoyance of our host) we decided that this was better than the alternative. We checked in to an upstairs room. My first stop was the bathroom, where there was a cigarette butt floating. The walls were molding and looked gross. The "clean" towels smelled of mildew. The smell of old smoke was choking. We slept on top of the bed so we didn't risk further contamination. After the storm blew through, we heard the sound of lots of feet on the steps outside. Peeking out about two in the morning, we watched somewhere between 30-50 men pile out of a van and into one room. Hmmmm.... We left as soon as the sun came up.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

At midnight, after two days of driving, we were tired and another place didn't answer the bell, but this one did. I can't rate the service because I stayed in the car while my husband got the room. It was rather large and had newer carpeting, but furnishings were very outdated and condition of fixtures was pretty bad. The sheets were clean and the bed was mostly comfortable, but the room could use some serious updating, paint, deep cleaning, and more furnishings - the double bed could have been exchanged for 2 doubles or a king. The price was very cheap so the value was good because all we needed was a bed, sink and toilet. Except for the trains (which didn't really bother us), the room was very quiet.

Room Tip: Sorry to say that if you want a 'good' room, you'd be better off to pay more and stay so...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

While the manager seemed nice and the price was decent, the room was awful. The shower was tiny and had mold and chipping paint so we didn't even shower. Also the towels were questionable, they looked wrinkled as if they had been used. Beware pet owners if you walk your dog where the manager says to walk it there are thorns that get stuck in their feet. The biggest problem was...you guessed it!! Bedbugs. We literally saw them crawling on the bed when we woke up. If your looking for a cheap place, this is it but be careful!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank jessesgirl96
Reviewed July 9, 2011

My husband was finishing my sister's basement in Boise and we were headed home when we had some car trouble. We stopped at this hotel to spend the night and after getting a key and checking our room out, we couldn't stand the place. My sister needed more help and my husband wanted to stay in Boise to finish the basement (instead of waste money on gas). So we explained to the owner (?) that my sister needed my husband's help and needed our money back. He became irate and said I had signed a paper saying they don't give refunds. Since I had signed it there was obviously nothing I could do. I slept in a Hilton that night and got the best sleep ever!! Thank God I didn't stay at Thunderbird!!!

The ignorant owner of the Thunderbird kept trying to get me to stay and have my husband leave me and my two little children. That not only creeped me out but also offended my sense of family values (almost parallel to "never leave a soldier behind" but our family always sticks together). I'm not a vindictive person normally, but this place really brings that side out of anyone, I'm sure.

I'M ALL FOR FINDING THINGS OUT FOR YOURSELF. GO CHECK IT OUT. MY ADVICE: READ THE SMALL PRINT AND DON'T PAY FOR ANYTHING UNTIL YOU CHECK OUT THE ROOM!!!

Room Tip: Check it out BEFORE you pay it out!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank elk-huntin-babe
Reviewed April 24, 2009

Older motel, tiny shower, TV remote mostly doesn't work,electricity distribution by extension cords, thin curtains let lots of light in from security lights. Worst thing: Noisy trains blowing whistles at all hours of the night. You won't get much sleep.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ORTraveler50
Reviewed January 30, 2008

I was going to meet an acquaintance from nearby town there, in expectation or renting room. Expecting acquaintance any minute, took a seat on a bench outside office to wait.

Within a few minutes, hostile manager with poor English asked what I was doing. I said I was waiting for friend from out of town to arrive. Manager proceeded to be belligerent and demand I leave the premises, despite my informing him that would be renting room after my friends arrival.

I did not appreciate such treatment, especially by a business in my own home town. In short, Try another place that wants your business, and speaks your language.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank IDBob2100