“Terribly Disappointing”
Review of Super 8 Moscow

Super 8 Moscow
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed August 19, 2010

The bathroom floor was dirty and gritty. It obviously had not been cleaned recently. The mattresses were old and needed to be replaced. It galls me when motels spike their rates only because their traffic will increase due to "Events" at the university. In this case it was families returning their children to college. Our room was over $107. I was appalled at the cost, especially when getting the mediocre room we did. Although it was 2 AM when we checked in, the night clerk was not willing to negotiate a room in which we would be spending less than 7 hours. I tried to talk to the clerk the next morning when I returned my key; she studiously ignored me. I'll never go back.

• Stayed: August 2010
CinthiaR, General Manager at Super 8 Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, commrents like these help our hotel to continually improve itself.

I wanted to personally apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. We have a very proud housekeeping staff and I can assure you, that this is not normal for our hotel.

As far as the price goes, this is typical for all hospitality companies, and we were definitely the best value in town at the time!

Hopefully you will visit us again, sp that we can prove to you that we do take pride in our rooms and hotel. We want this to be your home away from home.

If I can be of further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Warmest Regards,
Barb Shaw

Reviewed July 24, 2010

I haven't actually stayed here yet, but the lady at the front desk that I just talked to was very nice and helpful. She did her best to accomodate my child who has asthma and she told me where to find a coupon for Super 8. I look forward to meeting her....

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed here while visiting friends in Moscow. The location is excellent - just off the main road between Moscow and Pullman, and a couple of blocks from the University of Idaho. There are a variety of restaurants and stores within a few blocks. The price is much lower than surrounding hotels, and the staff was very friendly throughout my stay.
The room was very clean and very small. The mattress was quite firm, and I didn't sleep very well because I prefer a pillow-top mattress. It had a lovely rocking chair and good reading light. The wi-fi worked well. This is a good place to stay inexpensively while in Moscow if you're not planning on spending much time in your room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank trishlh
Reviewed June 25, 2010

After a long day of travel & a long round of golf in the rain, I knew I was in trouble immediately upon entering the lobby, because the woman at the front desk didn't acknowledge me for several minutes as I stood in front of her at the desk. After supplying my id & credit card she struggled to use her computer - she said it was a new computer system & it was obviouos she was not familiar with it. While I stood there, many of my travel partners came in & the line formed quickly. When she wasn't able to find my reservation right away, she asked if I had a copy of my reservation with me - which I did & produced for her (I had booked through AAA). She said "this may take awhile" & so I went to the nearby couches & had a seat. Meanwhile, she checked in several of my travel partners without a problem & had apparently called a manager. When the manager came down he called me over & said "someone called on May 29th and cancelled your reservation". I said...."well I didn't cancel it, who cancelled it?". He said "we didn't get a name, but it's cancelled". I was angry, to say the least. When I asked if they had any rooms, he said all they had was single rooms & I had reserved a double. In other words "too bad for you". I left my travel partners behind & headed another hour north to the Circling Raven casino hotel which was next tot he course we were playing the next day. That experience was night and day from the one I had at the Moscow Super 8. The kicker is when I returned from my trip, there was a survey in my inbox from AAA asking me how my stay at the Moscow Super 8 was....so obviously AAA knew I didn't cancel my reservation. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM HERE - YOU MAY END UP ON THE STREET!!

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I stayed in Moscow for two nights to see my son at the U of I. The first problem was that I had to wait for a half hour for someone to show up at the front desk (and this was late afternoon). And then she was less than friendly. But she did say to contact the front desk at any time and someone would be there to help. I chuckled to myself! The worst thing was the bed. I could have slept on the floor and been as comfortable. This is an inexpensive hotel but I will stay elsewhere in the future, pay more and have a somewhat comfortable bed to sleep in.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2009

Acceptable Super Eight, not updated/upgraded like some of the properties in the chain, but priced very reasonably. Adequately clean, no extra amenities (such as exercise room), efficient staff.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 18, 2008

The hotel was fine since we wanted to spend less for a room. Descent breakfast, nice rooms. You can tell the hotel has gone through a face lift. No pool or hot tub. Very basic hotel. Staff is superb and run by many elderly ladies. If you want a nicer hotel there are only two additional to choose from and expect to pay at least $40 more per night.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moscow
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman
Best Western Plus University Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow
Quality Inn Paradise Creek
Residence Inn Pullman
Residence Inn Pullman
#1 of 6 in Pullman
Courtyard by Marriott Pullman

Been to Super 8 Moscow? Share your experiences!