“Wheatberries lunch”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Wheatberries
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I visited Wheatberries for lunch for the first time and there was a small lunchtime rush. The lady taking the orders was noticeably flustered and impatient. I order their Mondo Italian sandwich which was the daily special and was told it would be about a 10 minute wait. My friend was waiting next to me to order and the employee seemed flabbergasted that we hadn't ordered at the same time. Less than great service up to this point. The food came out quickly however (less than five minutes) and was above my expectations, especially at $5.50. The sandwich was large at tasty. I will return in the future and would recommend Wheatberries even though the service was subpar on that day. Everyone has an off day and the good food quickly made me forget about it.

There are newer reviews for Wheatberries

Reviewed February 11, 2008

The sandwich and lunch items are okay. I've never been disappointed or conversely, never been that impressed. Basic deli style sandwiches with very friendly service. They only offer several special sandwiches a day but you can always build your own based on what bread they baked that day. I'd rate the deli sandwiches three stars.

The best items I've had have been cakes at catered events. If you need a cake on the Palouse - order it from Wheatberries! I've sampled at least four cakes at different wedding parties and was blown away each time. They are dense and moist and the frosting is fantastic.

Reviewed December 29, 2007

This is essentially a bakery, but Wheatberries also sells sandwiches, soups, and delicious (humongous) cookies and other desserts. The atmosphere is comfortable, with nooks to sit in, stools by the window, and interesting art work decorating the walls. The staff is great, with prompt service. Little to no worry about lines, unless a large group of college students or professors decides to eat there for lunch. Overall, this is a great little bakery and a good place to stop for a yummy, no-frills lunch.

2  Thank 7_14_142014