“Best Western Plus University Inn, The Best”

Best Western Plus University Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Each year we hold a convention in different parts of the USA. We just had our convention at this hotel with 200 in attendance. First time we didn't receive one complaint. The accomodations were great, the food outstanding, and the staff exceptional, from the front desk, wait staff, management. Everyone at the hotel couldn't do enough for us. Wish we were going back next year. Keep up the great work.

Eileen Roth

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus University Inn

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Our organization just completed a 4 day Convention at the University Inn and every facet of our stay was great. Rooms were very nice and well cared for (usually with 200 people in attendance I have a minor complaint or two - this time, not one!!), and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There were many instances where they went above and beyond to be helpful and work out situations to meet our needs. This hotel also has outstanding food. Not only was it delicious, but portion sizes were above what we usually receive. Too often "group" meals in hotels are "adequate", but nothing special. That was definitely not the case here. Everyone from registration to housekeepers to servers were friendly, on top of their job, and willing to do whatever was necessary to meet our needs. This is just about the best overall hotel experience we've ever had over the last 40 years of Conventions and I highly recommend the University Inn to meeting planners as well as general travelers.

Room Tip: This property has 2 levels. Since it does not have an elevator, request a 1st floor room if you hav...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have just returned from staying 3 nights at this best western. I was there with 19 other men on a golf package. The staff treated us wonderfully. There customer service is very good from the management down. I am a regular user of Best Westerns; I have never seen a better breakfast. The staff goes the extra mile. boomer

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My family booked two rooms recently. Both were very clean, had nice amenities and were reasonably priced. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. The breakfast was great. There were a variety of items available. The pool area and exercise rooms were well maintained. My family enjoyed using the pool and there was adequate sitting available in the pool area.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This weekend Nancy and I stayed here for my Granddaughter's Wedding. There were 3 Wedding Parties staying there. The parking lot was jammed, but adaquate. The STAFF was Top Notch when it came to keeping things running. They handled ALL three Receptions. The food was more than adaquate and the Service was exceptional.
The Facilities were all Ideal for any LARGE gathering.
They even handled the FREE Breakfast, the best part was that the HOT food was different each morning, and their Sunday Buffet without a hitch.
Besides needing a handicap room, we requested a Recliner for Nancy to Sleep in, due to a recent Back Injury. I would reccommend this Facility Highly!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here many times over the past 6 years since our first child began attending U of I. Most of the time, I would have given it a positive review. We had many good times here. We would usually get a poolside room and the water was nice and warm and the pool often not crowded.

The last 3 times we have been there, the pool has been very cold. We stayed there on May 19, 2012 and the pool seemed not to be heated at all (this in spite of a clerk telling me it was nice and warm). We were not able to even make it in to our great disappointment. Other problems on this visit included: extremely obnoxious unsupervised teenagers in the pool and hot tub. They were jumping, pushing, shouting, putting furniture in the pool, squirting with squirt guns etc. One ran into me roughly and I spoke to him and another almost ran into our 7 year old. I called the staff to complain and recieived no apology or empathy but a promise to send someone to talk to them (they were there behaving the same the next day). There were no towels at the pool. I called and they brought just a very few towels (nowhere near matching the number of guests around the pool) and then let them run out again.

Another problem was a toilet in our room that clogged and continued to have trouble flushing after someone came and fixed it. The quality of the staff seems to have declined over the years, with less and less courtesy and service and the room are now in need of upgrading. We won't likely stay there again.

2  Thank Jewel333
BWPUI, Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments, we would like to apologize about the issues with the pool temperature. Unfortunately, the heater went down and it took longer than expected to be replaced but I am pleased to say that it is up and currently running again.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

My son just graduated from WSU. We were desperately trying to secure a room. We usually stay at Holiday Inn Express in Pullman. We couldn't secure a room due to high demand. Brian, the manager at Best Western went out his way to keep us informed on any cancellations. We got lucky and a room opened up! We were relived and excited to secure a room. We were surprised with the hotel dining and bar. We especially enjoyed the Sunday Brunch for $12.95. It was delicious and an exceptional value! We wish we could've found this gem a lot sooner in my son's college experience. The drive is just 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: The rooms are clean but could be a little more updated.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moscow
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman
Quality Inn Paradise Creek
Hilltop Inn
Hilltop Inn
#3 of 6 in Pullman

Been to Best Western Plus University Inn? Share your experiences!