Motel 6
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$99
Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow(Moscow)(Great Value!)
$109
$71
Hotwire.com
$108
Hotwire.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Stayed for Dad's weekend at WSU. Wasn't sure I was going to go until about 3 months ago. Tried booking a room, Palouse Inn was last room available in Moscow-Pullman. Rate was good for an event weekend and I see that non-events rates are really good. I've read other reviews of the rooms and they are up and down. Here's my thoughts. First, I was glad I had a room and didn't have to drive to Lewiston, especially since it snowed the first night. The room was fine, they are small, but worked. TV is ancient, but it did have a cable box. This is probably the lowest frills hotel I've stayed at in a long time. Room and property was clean. For the rate, I'd probably stay again, especially if traveling myself or with son/daughter. For my wife, I'd definitely upgrade if possible and spend the extra money. The beds were okay, towels better than I thought. So, during an event weekend I'd say go for it, no event weekend, shop around and if you want to save money for clean and cheap, I'd stay here.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank ExpeditionMan
Reviewed October 15, 2009

After reading the few reviews on this "Inn", I was rather frightened of what my stay was going to be like. Yes, the hotel is old and the interior reflects this. And yes, if you are staying on a football weekend it is WAY over-priced. But given the circumstances that this is a small sized community and lodging options are few and far between, it wasn't that bad. Rooms had the essentials and even had mini-fridges and microwaves. Good enough for 1 or 2 nights, but wouldn't recommend any longer.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelingod
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I had to come back and write a review after reading the others on here and dreading my trip.
Look, This place is very small and very "no frills" but it wasn't unreasonable.
Yes, we paid over $90 a night but that is TYPICAL for any Moscow/Pullman hotel on a football weekend. The chain hotels charge upwards of $140 for a room on these weekends.
We stayed in one of the handicapped rooms so the bathroom was huge but the main room wasn't.
They have new flat screen TVs, new carpet and one-cup coffee makers.
We double checked under the mattress and behind the heaboard and nothing icky. No stained sheets, but we brought our own sheets and put them over theirs (I reccommend this if you don't know the place you're staying). It got a little noisy in the mornings

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wazzumorgan
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Because my husband and I planned on a quick trip to Moscow, we thought we would try to save some money and stay at the Palouse Inn. What a mistake. Truly. The room was dark. The carpet stained and dirty looking. I was able to take a very hot shower (because I couldn't get the cold water to work). My husband then tried the shower. In an attempt to get WARM water, he turned the nob all the way to the right to get cold water. Once he got cold water, he tried to adjust the temp but there was no more hot water. No matter what he did, the water only ran cold.
We then went to bed. We turned the bed down and saw stained sheets. I don't even want to think about what kind of stain was on the sheets. We put towels down because no matter how many times I let the phone in the office ring, no one answered.
The next morning, the shower (and the sink) could only run cold. When I called the office, the staff person said to let the water run to get the hot water. No use. No matter how long we ran it the water remained very cold. Staff then said that maybe there were a lot of other people taking showers. Very rude and not true.
We could only get dressed and get out of there. No shower.
Wish we had not stayed at this establishment. Not worth it. Actually, we found it rather gross. In addition, staff not interested in us not having hot water.
I can honestly say that was a terrible experience. I was taught not to say anything if I didn't have something nice to say. This is the exception. People...beware. The Palouse Inn is very very bad.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Josephine23
Reviewed January 29, 2008

It was one of those football weekends, and the Palouse Inn was the only place with an available room. Since they charged us over $100/night, we figured it would be reasonably nice, i.e., space to move around the room, a hair dryer, a dining room where we could enjoy the "continental breakfast." The price, however, was deceptive. It was clean enough to be acceptable at a rock-bottom price of approximately half what we paid, but for over $100/night, it was awful. There was barely space to walk between the beds (which were pushed against the walls), and the breakfast food was on a table in the tiny lobby (no dining room, but certainly nowhere in the room to eat, either). I realize now that these rooms aren't always so expensive -- just on the weekends when there's a shortage of rooms in the Moscow/Pullman area. Next time I'll drive to Lewiston.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NW-Librarian