“Not terrible, considering places nearby”
Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Moscow
Renton, WA
“Not terrible, considering places nearby”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I had to come back and write a review after reading the others on here and dreading my trip.
Look, This place is very small and very "no frills" but it wasn't unreasonable.
Yes, we paid over $90 a night but that is TYPICAL for any Moscow/Pullman hotel on a football weekend. The chain hotels charge upwards of $140 for a room on these weekends.
We stayed in one of the handicapped rooms so the bathroom was huge but the main room wasn't.
They have new flat screen TVs, new carpet and one-cup coffee makers.
We double checked under the mattress and behind the heaboard and nothing icky. No stained sheets, but we brought our own sheets and put them over theirs (I reccommend this if you don't know the place you're staying). It got a little noisy in the mornings

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wazzumorgan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
portland, oregon
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Because my husband and I planned on a quick trip to Moscow, we thought we would try to save some money and stay at the Palouse Inn. What a mistake. Truly. The room was dark. The carpet stained and dirty looking. I was able to take a very hot shower (because I couldn't get the cold water to work). My husband then tried the shower. In an attempt to get WARM water, he turned the nob all the way to the right to get cold water. Once he got cold water, he tried to adjust the temp but there was no more hot water. No matter what he did, the water only ran cold.
We then went to bed. We turned the bed down and saw stained sheets. I don't even want to think about what kind of stain was on the sheets. We put towels down because no matter how many times I let the phone in the office ring, no one answered.
The next morning, the shower (and the sink) could only run cold. When I called the office, the staff person said to let the water run to get the hot water. No use. No matter how long we ran it the water remained very cold. Staff then said that maybe there were a lot of other people taking showers. Very rude and not true.
We could only get dressed and get out of there. No shower.
Wish we had not stayed at this establishment. Not worth it. Actually, we found it rather gross. In addition, staff not interested in us not having hot water.
I can honestly say that was a terrible experience. I was taught not to say anything if I didn't have something nice to say. This is the exception. People...beware. The Palouse Inn is very very bad.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Josephine23
Seattle, WA
Reviewed January 29, 2008

It was one of those football weekends, and the Palouse Inn was the only place with an available room. Since they charged us over $100/night, we figured it would be reasonably nice, i.e., space to move around the room, a hair dryer, a dining room where we could enjoy the "continental breakfast." The price, however, was deceptive. It was clean enough to be acceptable at a rock-bottom price of approximately half what we paid, but for over $100/night, it was awful. There was barely space to walk between the beds (which were pushed against the walls), and the breakfast food was on a table in the tiny lobby (no dining room, but certainly nowhere in the room to eat, either). I realize now that these rooms aren't always so expensive -- just on the weekends when there's a shortage of rooms in the Moscow/Pullman area. Next time I'll drive to Lewiston.

• Liked — Only one available in the area on that weekend
  • Disliked — price combined with poor quality room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NW-Librarian
Nampa
Reviewed November 8, 2007

They have a bad habit of lying to the customer by:

1. Saying that it is normal for week-end rates to increase yet when I checked around, after I left the motel, I come to find out that this is not correct.
2. These are some of the smallest rooms we have ever stayed in. If was even smaller that Motel 6's rooms which are small. In fact it was so small and had a bad smell that we left after 1 night even though we had planned to stay 3 nights.
3. They said that they had to have a 3 day cancellation notice to get a refund, yet all the other motels do not have this policy, in fact if you let them know by 6pm they will cancel the room for you. When we left they did not even offer a refund on the nights we did not stay.

I am telling everyone that I know that will be traveling through Moscow to stay away from this motel.

James

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Small rooms, lying about pricing and cancellation policy, rooms with mold in corners of sink and baseboard walls
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TaxPreparer
Priest River, Idaho
Reviewed August 16, 2007

It was "Rush" for new college students and accommodations were limited...my only choice was the Palouse Inn. Knowing what I know now, I would have booked accommodations in Lewiston and driven the 30 miles into Moscow for my meeting. The property is dingy to say the least. They cut corners on every little thing. They claimed they don't put coffee pots in the rooms because people spill coffee on their "new" carpet. I'm not sure you could do any more harm to the "new" carpet than has already been done. There are no hair dryers in the rooms and of course you realize this in the early morning while you're still in your pajamas. You have to get dressed to run down to pick up the hair dryer from the check-in area (they won't deliver to the room). I found out later that they use the property for dorm rooms during "Rush" when they are juggling students around. I'm guessing the beds have the same flat mattresses that have been on them since the beginning of time. Check accommodations in Pullman, WA or Lewiston, ID before taking a chance on this place.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
Idaho
Reviewed March 8, 2007

We stayed here one night while visiting Moscow. Upon checking in, the first thing we noticed was (after jangling the key around the lock for a few minutes to get the door open) was that the door was ill-fitted to the jam--you could see daylight through the cracks. The room was a bit dingy and dated, and the shower-only stall was not very sparkly-clean. The remote for the television was missing its battery casing, and had duct tape covering the batteries.

Overall, we would avoid staying here again.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moscow
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman
Quality Inn Paradise Creek
Hilltop Inn
Hilltop Inn
#3 of 6 in Pullman

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!