“Definately not as bad as previous reviews say”
Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Moscow
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Someone else had booked this room for us because all the rooms in and around town were full for graduations. I looked up reviews while traveling there and was prepared for the worse. We even stopped on the way and bought pillows and cases and a couple cheap blankets just in case we didn't feel safe sleeping in the beds. Well, it was not dirty. It was small and basic, but definitely not dirty. We had coffee, fridge and microwave, the sheets and pillowcases crisp and clean and the towels fluffy. And the staff was pleasant, they even let my nephew check into his room while waiting for his mother to come with her credit card the next day. We slept fine both nights. I don't usually write reviews but I felt obligated this time. Maybe they are under new management or something, but they are definitely not deserving of a bad review at this time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Kelly c

Reviewed May 17, 2014

When you walk into one of these rooms you immediately feel cramped as the only space in the room is a narrow stretch of carpet between the furniture and the beds. One of the beds is up against the window wall and the curtains either lay on top of the bed or get tucked between the bed and the wall, making opening and closing the curtains close to impossible. There are is one outlet right by the door to plug in any chargers and then the only place to set your device is the bed or window sill. I ended up unplugging the lamp and clock by the bed so we could all charge our devices. The temperature controllers in the bathroom are cumbersome and I found myself struggling between burning hot and freezing cold in the shower. The breakfast was terrible and served in a 10x10 foot lobby that was completely inadequate for the number of guests trying to get breakfast. On the plus side the rooms were clean and the beds and pillows were moderately comfortable. The price was ok, but still too expensive for this motel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 64familyfun
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I spent the worst night of my traveling life in that motel. First, the drunken lunatic next door kept calling the desk and complaining about noise in our room - even though we were sleeping. Next, we were taken to another room to get away from the nut job in the middle of the night. Not bad enough, the owner's wife not only didn't offer to comp the room as we'd had no sleep, but wanted to charge us out the nose to stay another night and rest up so we could continue our journey. Anywhere else is better.

Room Tip: It is quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marian N
Reviewed April 15, 2013

After reading several of the reviews, needless to say, I figured I would stay with my daughter during Mom's Weekend at WSU. The other mom I traveled with booked us a double room and she was leaving the choice to me. I came equipped with an air bed, sheets, pillow, ear plugs and sleeping tablets. I did not need the air bed and sheets. I stayed at the inn. No problems with the two ladies who were checking in several moms, all moved along very nicely. The room seemed to have been recently painted, the bathroom to was fresh and clean. Sadly, I understand about the shower being for a short person. The fan comes on in the bathroom when you turn on the light, it is loud. I also recommend one person per bed. The room is small and both beds are against a wall. A couple of nice surprises, there was a small refrigerator and microwave in the room and the continental breakfast. Cereal and milk, juice, fresh fruit, yogurt, mini bagels & cream cheese, cinnamon raisin English muffins & spreadable butter, and pastries. Our room overlooked the pool which was closed, all was quiet. TV reception is not all that good, but I wasn't there to watch tv, wifi was slow, but hey it's free. This was definitely the cheapest moms weekend stay at a hotel I have ever had. For the price, it was very well worth it. I took my sleeping pills, put my earplugs in and slept soundly through the night.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Fred L
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stopped there 5 pm looking for a room for one night Feb. 20th on a Wednesday, I asked the women at the front desk if she had a room available. There was only two cars in the parking lot. She said yes but it will be more than usual because it is Jazz Fest. I asked how much is a room? She said probably more than you want to pay. And I said how much is that. At that point I would have paid the $129 or $139. I don't remember what it was. But I left and went down the road to the University Inn where They acted happy to see me and give me a room.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Brenda F
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed six nights had to move rooms three times cable bites was all wavey and unclear wi fi was slow and front desk refused to bring a remote that worked with my tv ..... then jumped my rates from 34 a night to 130 ended up moving to a different hotel . I would not stay here again .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vince c
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is clearly a very low budget hotel and that is fine in many cases. But there is no excuse for a lack of customer service. The woman I dealt with was very rude and there is no way I would want to actually stay at this place. I have also spoken to other travelers who have stayed there (when everything else in town was booked) and they found it to be worse than you would expect at that price point.
Stay away unless you really really need a place to sleep!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wormtravels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moscow
Best Western Plus University Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Moscow
La Quinta Inn & Suites Moscow Pullman
Quality Inn Paradise Creek
Residence Inn Pullman
Residence Inn Pullman
#1 of 6 in Pullman
Courtyard by Marriott Pullman

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!