“hidden gem”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2014

well, sir!
during my first visit to moscow, idaho, i was resigning myself to a week of meat and potatoes or variations thereof, when lo and behold, like a light from the firmaments above sangria grill came upon my radar. i am an aspiring vegan, black female, over 50, have traveled all over the world and eaten some of the finest cuisine. plus i love to cook at home and often compare what i eat in a restaurant to what i can pull off at home. was dining alone this time and just wanted a nice quiet corner to eat a couple of vegan appetizers, have a glass of wine (or 2) and read my book. i had not made reservations, just walked in right at 4:30 - their opening time.
ambience: welcoming, warmly enthusiastic from the hostess to the bartender to the chef.
wine list: extensive, varied and upscale. i had a nice tempranillo. and then a caipirinha with no ice. perfect.
music: nonintrusive, refined. quiet!
temperature: perfect
lighting: subdued, relaxing, lots of big windows letting in a filtered sunset.
menu: not as many vegetable offerings as i would have wanted, but the ones they DID have: oh boy! imaginative, spicy and a joy for my taste buds! i had the Peruvian spring rolls and the crunchy spinach salad. both were excellent and generous portions. spring rolls were so good, i asked for some to go so i could eat them later that night.
was sorry i had only one chance to enjoy eating there. will definitely go back upon my return.
highly recommend.

1  Thank rejeneses
There are newer reviews for Sangria Grille

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

my husband and I went to Moscow just for something different for a date night we were recommended to go here and glad we did the atmosphere was great our waiter was awesome and the food was outstanding

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We have not visited Sangria since last summer. It use to be one of our favorites for its unusual and flavorable appetizers.
Found a new menu which for our purposes is not an improvement. They use to have a great appetizer menu which has been completely changed and not for the better,
We had calamari frito, coconut shrimp, sweet corn humitas--none better than average. Calamari appeared to have been cooked in old oil-- almost a burnt flavor; cocktail sauce was caked in serving bowl and ice cold. Coconut shimp had almost no flavor and were ovedcooked. Corn cakes at least had some flavor but were so nondescript, you would have no reason to ever have again.
We also had their cruncy spinach salad and added chicken. Greens were fresh and generously garnished with pecans. The chicken addition was a mistake--it had almost no flavor. There was no evidence that any seasoning had been used when it was warmed. Chicken had fake grill marks and seem to have been bulk prepped, like the product you see in Costco's cases.
Service was polite and food was served reasonably promptly.
No sure Sangria will stay on places to go as long their menu is so poorly executed

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Lovely setting for a restaurant in a mall parking lot! Red Sangria was delish with the sweet corn cake appetizers. Peruvian Curry, Pesto Fettuccine with rubbed steak, and Lamb dish were ALL delectable! Average dish price 13-22$

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went to Sangria Grille because of trip advisor. Forty years ago I lived in Moscow I would never have believed I could get this good of meal in Moscow. I have have eaten all over the world and I enjoyed this meal as good as any. This is a restaurant basically in a strip mall area but very pleasant interior and great service. This was a Wed night about 6PM and the resturant was full and continued that way all evening.

I ate at the bar as the tables were full and I was by my self. Marissa was at the bar and she was great but everyone was helpful on the staff. The, by the glass wine list, was limited but good but the by the bottle list was world class. It had many South American wines as this is a Peruvian restaurant but a really good selection of northwest and California wines. The selection of European wines was limited.

When I decided to go there my only reservation is could I find something I like. The menu had so many options I would have liked that the choice was difficult but the result was outstanding. I had a Gorgonzola wedge salad which was terrific. I often have a wedge salad this one was the best I have had with a unique assortment of locally sourced ingredients . I also had Gorgonzola pasta with blackened salmon that was wonderful.

On the board behind me they had listed the fourteen locally sourced farms where the got their ingredients.

Unless there is a question highly recommend Sangria. If you are in Moscow/Pullman area do not miss eating at the Sangria Grill.

1  Thank Robert S