“Delicious food and great service”
Review of La Casa Lopez

La Casa Lopez
Ranked #3 of 92 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Highly recommend this Mexican Restaurant. Go at dinner and they give you a bean dip along wth your salsa and chips. Yummy. Food is great and the service is excellent. Always busy. and Weds are 2 or 1 Margarita night so even busier. They do take reservations though.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Always a popular choice. The menu has a wide variety of options. The service is friendly and quick---even when they are very busy. This is a popular restaurant especially for the local college students. Good choice for family dining as well.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My colleagues & I had an hour for lunch so we headed to La Casa Lopez. The interior was brightly colorful, the staff welcoming, & we were quickly seated at a table in the back room. Our waitress brought us all chips w/ salsa, drinks, and then took our order. We talked pleasantly for about 20 minutes when stomaches began to rumble & whine. 10 minutes later we were all looking around wondering if we were going to have to leave before we ate, and then just before we began to despair...our food arrived, 40 minutes from when we cane in. Though we had to eat quickly, the food was delicious & hot so it made it worth the wait. I just wish I had had more time to enjoy it.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is my "home town" place. Having read some of the other reviews, it looks to me like visitors might benefit from some tips locals might know. This is a restaurant where management does want to know if you are not happy--they will make it right. The food is consistently good, hot, served as promptly as the size of the crowd allows, and service is always friendly. If you don't find that, ask for the manager and politely tell him. Now, as to food tips: the table salsa tastes quite good to me and is fine for those who like mild. But, the salsa caliente is excellent--ask for it. Pico de gallo is also worth requesting. Whole beans (frijoles de holla if you want to go all Espanol on them) are hard to spot on the menu--ask for them. Fish tacos are excellent (no onions if you prefer), but shrimp tacos are spicier and as "to die for" as it gets. Like grilled jalapenos--ask. Wednesday is 2 for 1 Margarita night (no, you do not share with a tablemate), and they are always good, but the My Margarita is bigger, better, and worth the extra cost. (They are not 2 for 1 anytime). Two good steaks on the menu, pachanga (beef in bowl of whole beans), pollo a la crema, arroz con pollo, and carne asada are always good choices. And, if you want something else but have doubts, ask someone nearby--it's a friendly town--and the waitstaff. They tend to be young (it's a college town after all), but generally knowledgeable. If yours doesn't know, ask for the manager--he's glad to help. If you only experience "Casa" once, make it the best you can have. Great lunch specials for $7. Eating light--try the grilled salad (chicken is my favorite with creamy blue cheese dressing--comes on the side). Ask for no "shell"--that pretty fried thing in which it might otherwise be served and to omit the shredded cheddar if it doesn't fit with your dressing. Plenty of liquor and beer choices (I like the Negra Modelo, but who cares...), but one weakness is the wine. If you want a good glass of wine, head to Nectar down the block and around the corner. If you're solo, you might want to sit in the bar where folks actually talk to one another and frequently introduce themselves.
This is a happy place to eat. Say hi, ask questions, enjoy.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Good food, happy atmosphere, good deals on Wednesday...I always enjoy myself when we decide to make this our destination for dinner. Thanks!!!!!