“Terrible Food/Terrible Serivce”
Review of The Pantry Restaurant - CLOSED

The Pantry Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have had three bad experiences at this restaurant. Once they brought me out a hamburger without any meat and then replaced it using there hands and they didn't take it back to the Kitchen. Another time they overcharged me by triple the amount after telling me that my meal was on the house and caused me to pay a late fee for a bill that I then couldn't pay. Also there Thanksgiving Turkey meals are disgusting and fatty and many of their servers are very cranky and rude. If you are traveling to Moscow Idaho or from the area stay away from this place. Bad food bad service.

BWPUI, General Manager at The Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experiences at our restaurant. For your information, we have just hired a new restaurant manager. I know he would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally so we can gather additional information about these occurances so that we can insure taht these types of issues do not reoccur. Please contact him at 208/882-0550 extention 304 and ask for the restuarant manager.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Love the food here! It is very "high end" food for being in a hotel. Jake is a great server too! Couldn't be happier with the service!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The good things about the pantry can be summed up in a few words, quiet, and few to no kids. The average age of the guests seem to be of the retirement age. They have time to spare I guess. The menu is lackluster and the prices are all right, but the service is slow slow slow. And for the life of me I cannot figure out why. I came in for lunch one day and ordered a soup and sandwich. The soup was served right away- not surprising. My sandwich arrived long after I was done with my soup. It took them almost 20 minutes to make a sandwich. It was not a panini or anything, just a cold ham sandwich. I had them wrap it up to go, and that took almost 5 minutes to take it from the plate and put it in a box. If you have lots of time to kill, its fine. If you have anything that resembles a schedule forget about this place.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have been going there for many years. The Pantry is the smaller dining room for the University Inn. The larger room is not open for breakfast and lunch and the Pantry is. I would say it is the leading lodging facility in Moscow. The service is always great and the food is usually quite good. Prices are also quite good. One thing that is done very well there is the noise level is quite low and so the experience is always soothing.

One of the all-time great specials is the MaiFun salad (Asian chicken salad) that comes with a complementary small glass of wine. Better to go with the senior size as the regular is so big you will have a hard time finishing it. This salad has chicken and rice noodles and is perfect for the gluten intolerant.

On one of the recent visit we were celebrating my mother's 95th birthday. When the waitress was informed of this; the kitchen produced the biggest piece of birthday cake I ever saw. This cake was so big everyone in the restaurant turned and stared at it. My mother started giggling because of the size. It was so big about 14 people had a piece of the piece . The cake was not only big it was quite high quality. This was the highlight of Mom's 95th birthday.

This Pantry has always been a sure bet for us. I usually eat there 2 or 3 times a week when I am in the Pullman- Moscow area.