“Excellent Food, Service and Atmosphere”
Review of Bloom

Bloom
Ranked #10 of 92 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: French/American fusion Brunch and Dinner cafe
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Bloom is a great little restaurant in downtown Moscow on Friendship Square. We have found it to be an excellent place for breakfast with their fantastic homemade bread. Every choice we have made on the menu has been outstanding. Almost as good as the service we have enjoyed the times we have been able to stop in for a meal. Their staff is friendly and attentive to their customer. We try to make it a stop when we are able to make it into town.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

One of the best BLT sandwiches that I have ever tasted - thick lean bacon on house made wheat bread - with a flavorful pear/walnut/cranberry salad... I 'm sated......

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good beer, and my companions enjoyed their wine as well. Great music as part of the late night, after hours Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival club gig.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This restaurant is related to Nectar down the street. Bloom is open for breakfast and lunch while Nectar is only open for dinner. Both are great places to eat. Bloom has amazing grilled cheese sandwiches made with Cougar Gold cheese on homemade bread. This is a great bang for the buck. Their Quiche is also wonderfu however it is comes as a very small portion considering their other items on the menu for the same price, Just FYI. A wonderful place to eat. Try their donuts, they are yummy.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is a very individualistic review, because it is a combination of a mediocre sandwich I and my son shared, but a wonderful BLT (according to my husband) that he ordered.

Ever since I discovered the Muffaletta in New Orleans, I order them when a find them, which is not often. When we saw it on the menu of this restaurant, which had been recommended, my son and I decided to split one, thinking it would be the usual large sandwich with layers of meat, cheese, and olive salad -- very large for one person. My husband ordered the BLT, which is ordinarily not a large sandwich. Both came with a side of salad.

When our sandwiches came, we could not believe our eyes! Even the full Muffaletta would have been about half the size of a typical sandwich. The BLT, on the other hand, was the size of two sandwiches! We each had a slice barely more than 1 inch wide. This is not an exaggeration. On top of that, the filling consisted of one thin slice of cheese, one thin slice of ham, two slices of salami, and perhaps 1/8 inch at most of olive salad. I believe there was also a slice of tomato. There was no "muffaletta" taste since there just wasn't enough filling to create it. The salad was very crisp and nice, but pretty standard for this type of restaurant. This sandwich cost $9.00 if I remember correctly!

I also had a skim latte, which was small, but OK. It seemed to be a good grade of coffee.

I looked over at other tables, where people had the brioche French toast, and the servings looked large, and came with fresh fruit. And my husband said his BLT may have been the best he ever had. So, I think this would be a nice place particularly for breakfast, but I would recommend against the Muffaletta, unless you are on a strict diet and don't really like Muffalettas!

Been to Bloom? Share your experiences!