“Appaloosa Horse Museum, Moscow, Idaho”

Appaloosa Museum and Heritage Center
Ranked #5 of 22 things to do in Moscow
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I enjoyed visiting the Appaloosa Horse Museum very much. I am not an avid horse person, but I still enjoyed learning about the breed and the history presented at the museum.

1  Thank Jim83843

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My grandchildren were with me and we were looking for a museum to visit. I have lived in Moscow most of my life and have never been to this museum. It is very interesting and they have a hands on room that the kids really enjoyed. There were also two live horses in the field that they could visit.

2  Thank Jude019
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Appaloosa horse museum is a great place to go to learn the history of the appaloosa horse. The people are very friendly and for the people who have children it would be a great experience for the little ones.

1  Thank Obsidian V
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a small museum, but a wonderful place to get souvenirs of the area. The history of the Appaloosa is fascinating, and the museum also features artifacts of the Nez Perce who bred them. Since it is small, it is not extensive. I like it for horse lovers and those interested in Native American history. It is also a good visit between other attractions or on a rainy day. The admission fee is a donation, so give what you feel it was worth.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great displays of local history and fun interactive horse exhibits make this museum a "must see" if you pass through Moscow.