“Yum!”

LocoGrinz
Ranked #33 of 92 Restaurants in Moscow
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Delicious food with many options. I was a little disappointed that they have made the portions smaller than they used to be, but it's still a good value

There are newer reviews for LocoGrinz

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Conveniently located across from the club, which is nice, but it takes forever so make sure you call in your order. Pretty solid food, I go there pretty much every time I visit Moscow, I've never ate in the restaurant but it always seems clean enough.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The food is really good, no atmosphere so we get it to go. The place has no sound deadening so the walls echo everything. We must not be the only ones to notice, because lots of folks get their order to go.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was in Hawaii a few times and the food is so diverse I never identified the Hawaiian style until I was back in the States. There is (was) a little place near John Wayne airport, in So Cal, that had real Hawaiians in it and served meals including what they call mixed plates which included one large entree and a lot of sides in small amounts. These included fried rice, one fried egg, chopped salad, pineapple not usually in desert form, and many others. Kind of heavy food but very good.
In Loco Grinz (didn't ask what that means) all they have is mixed plates. About fifteen entrees with various kinds of pork, beef, chicken, seafood and vegetarian they all looked great but I had the Mahi Mahi which is fish. But mine came as a few heavily breaded fish sticks which could have been Trout for all I could tell. But worse was the sides: macaroni salad, sauteed vegetables, a scoop of sticky rice, noodles, canned corn or french fries. They all were exactly the stuff most people eat at home nowadays anyway. The cost runs from ten bucks to about fifteen. The pulled pig looked good as did the BBQ dishes and those portions were large. What I would recommend is getting the main dishes ala carte for about 40% less and take them home. Mahalo

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I've never been to Hawaii but I love the bbq flavors at LocoGrinz. This is a no frills establishment that focuses on quality entrees, not high quality furnishings. It's the basics for dining in, but if you are going for the food and not ambiance, you won't care. Entrees range from $3.50 -5.75 and portions are adequate for one person. Kalbi shortribs are scrumptious! They also offer five different sides to make a complete meal and we tried three of them. In my opinion, put your money on the entrees only and stop at a market later for some fruit/veges. Very friendly service and can also be found in Pullman, WA at 231 E Main.