“Nice place to stay!”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Meridian
California
“Nice place to stay!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel was a great option for our family. Great location for our trip with easy access to the freeway, Roaring Springs, Wahooz, a movie theater and tons of great restaurants. The room was clean and the kitchen with full sized refrigerator was awesome! The breakfast left a lot to be desired,but it was included in the price so I can't complain. The lady who ran the breakfast was very sweet and helpful. When we arrived, there was a large group of men sitting around the entry door drinking and smoking. I was more than a little alarmed when I saw this as I had read an earlier review that said they experienced the same thing and they had been kept up well into the night by the noise. We were lucky as they disbanded before dark and I didn't see that again for the rest of the trip. The hotel was surprisingly quiet...I liked it more with every day we stayed. A few things that I found odd... there is a large space under the entry doors to the rooms. I truly didn't understand how it was so quiet with this gap. Also, I read it in an earlier review but didn't pay much attention, the lighting issue in the bathroom was poorly planned. The bathroom is very small and is only the toilet and shower, while the sink is outside the door. The beds are right next to this. The part that is odd is the light switch controls the sink area and the shower/toilet room and is located next to the sink. So if anyone is sleeping and you need to use the restroom, you need to do so in the dark or else the light illuminates the entire room. It was kind of a pain to have to wait to shower or get ready in the morning until everyone was awake. I would rather let my kids sleep while I get ready. My son also got a kick out of turning off the light on his dad when he was in the restroom. All in all a nice hotel with a few minor quirks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tpsboibw, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello and thank you for the response. I'm glad you enjoyed you overall stay with us and your feedback is definitely appreciated. From the sounds of I am assuming you stayed in one of our Studio Suites. These rooms are great for individuals or a couple traveling through or stayiing long term. Not so Ideal for families and the lighting issue described is a great example of that. We do have our One Bedroom and Two Bedroom Suites available wich are very much like apartments. You have a Living room, Bathroom and 1 or 2 bedrooms all seperated and include a full dining table and furniture so you can get more of that home away from home feeling. Please contact me directly next time you come to the area and If one is available I'd be happy to get your family into one of these Suites.

-Sterling Crawford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a clean, comfortable hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and comfortable. The breakfast options were good. I recommend it for short and long stays, as theire is a kitchen in the room

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tpsboibw, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for the kind response :) We also offer multiple discounts for surrounding restaurants, and seasonally offer discounts for attractions. Let us know next time you are in town and we can extend some offers for you.
Bethany, Missouri
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed for a one week vacation in a 2-bedroom suite, and it was perfect. With 2 teen-age boys, the extra space was soooo appreciated! The hotel had everything we needed, and more. The location is great -- just off the freeway, near Roaring Springs, and very close to dining and shopping. The beds were really comfortable, the kitchen was fully stocked, and it was great having 3 different TV's! The check in process was flawless... the staff was so friendly and helpful, and they were very accomodating when we always seemed to need extra towels and shampoo. :-) The price was so much better than other hotels we looked at, and with having the kitchen (full size fridge, dishwasher, stove, etc.) we were able to trim down the food budget. The breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast -- waffles, cereal, various breads, etc., but it was all fresh and tasty. The A/C worked so well, it was almost too good! LOL!! Very welcomed in 114 degree heat, though. What impressed us most though, was the soundproof walls! We had a family with 2 toddlers in the next room that we could hear crying pretty loudly when we were in the hallway, but when we were in our room we literally couldn't hear any outside noise at all! We will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: We were in foom 2108. It's a corner room, very quiet, close to the pool, and we always had sigh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sounds like you guys had a great trip! I am glad we were able to be part of it.. I appreciate the feeback and we look forward to having you stay with us again :)
Sammamish
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We really enjoyed the size and comfort of our room. We were able to get a 2 bedroom suite that gave our family the space we needed to enjoy our extended weekend! The hotel is located in a central location to easily get to the water park, Eagle, Boise, and many good spots to eat and shop!
The ONLY thing that was bothersome was that we had a lot of noise coming from the room above us. It sounded like they were teaching a high impact aerobics class up there at all times of the day and evening. When we informed the front desk they were helpful and went to see what they could do. After they visited the upstairs the noise stopped....for a while.
We will return to this hotel when we visit the area again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you and I'm glad our hotel was able to meet you needs for the trip. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of the room key discounts at the surrounding restaurants as well. Also, I'm happy to hear our staff was able to help limit the noise, although it started back up. I love the description "High impact aerobics class". I’ve been working in hotels for a long time and have yet to hear that description for noise, next time you come to our hotel let us know you would like a top floor room and we will be able to limit any possible noise.

schoonmeister
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was a great place to stay. Room was clean and good size. Didn't need the kitchenette area but would have been handy if needed. Had a fridge as well. Front desk staff was friendly. Breakfast was OK--nothing special--the typical hotel breakfast with cereal, coffee, muffins, and waffles. Location was good. Rooms had AC which was needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tpsboibw, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback :) I'm glad your stay was enjoyable and I hope the next time you stay with us you get to use our kitchenettes. Our guests often get creative with breakfast and dinner and cook up some wonderful meals.
Layton, Utah
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was my third time staying in a TownePlace Suites brand Marriott, and I've yet to be disappointed. My check-in experience was great! The clerk at the front desk made me feel welcome, and she later chased me down when she saw me with my luggage coming in a door that was less convenient for me than another door would have been. It was nice having someone pay that close of attention to my needs.

I stayed in a king suite. The room was great. Large and comfortable. There was a closet the opened on both the kitchen and bathroom sides, which was kind of convenient. It might have bugged me a bit had I been sharing the room with someone else (for privacy reasons). Even though my room was right next to the elevator, I heard zero elevator noise of any kind at any time. I was also on the freeway side of the building yet didn't notice any traffic noise at all. One thing that was a bit odd was that the trim on the interior bathroom doors didn't go all the way to the floor. It was an unusual lapse for a Marriott property, and I wondered whether leaving it as is was a construction decision to not waste materials or time the hotel was built. Breakfast was the standard waffles, oatmeal, fruit, etc. Nothing fancy or impressive, but adequate. The woman who was working in the breakfast room was just-right friendly. She went out of her way to be helpful to me, which I greatly appreciated.

Very clean, easy access to food and the freeway, and nice staff members. Would stay here again any time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I absolutely love hearing feedback from our guest and your response sums up a lot of what makes us unique. Our staff here is beyond fantastic and I feel we are a big family who truly enjoy what they do. Not just our front desk staff but all of us! I hear compliments regarding the housekeeping staff, maintenance and breakfast crew on a daily basis, and our staff gets recognized for their hard work. I appreciate you taking the time to write out your experience with us and point out some of the key features that made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again.

Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was good, clean, nice sized room, decent breakfast. However every night I was there, there was a huge group of guys that wouls stand out in front of the main door smoking, drinking (they even had coolers!!!) and being loud until all hours of the night. It did not make for a very warming or restful night.

Usually have good luck at any Marriott chain, but I am not sure I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
tpsboibw, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Boise West/Meridian, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello RoamingVandal,

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am pleased to hear our hotel met your expectations when it came to our rooms and amenities. I do apologize though about the guest you had mentioned. We try very hard to make sure all of our guests are comfortable and personally, I do not enjoy walking through cigarette smoke or being kept up at night. I want to make sure you enjoy your time while staying with us so next time you come to the valley, please feel free to contact me directly and I'd be happy to extend a complimentary upgrade and ensure you don’t get a room near any entrance. My name is Sterling Crawford.