“Highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boise West
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Meridian
Meridian, Idaho
“Highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

My job takes me on the road for several weeks out of the month and my favorite place to stay when I am in Boise/Meridian is the Country Inn & Suites. Tabitha (front desk) is always so happy and kind when I come in and treats me just like family. Ket is also more than happy to help me out in any way to get whatever questions I throw his way answered. I love the breakfast in the morning because it is always a clean environment and the food is delicious. They have such a large variety (with fresh fruit that you don't see at other hotels) that you can stay there a week and not eat the same thing twice if you want!!! Rooms are always clean and the location is so easy from the interstate. Kodos to all the people who work there and make my stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Jordan, UT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

My older sister and I drove up to Meridian from Salt Lake City to visit with our younger sister, who was in town from Oregon. The front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful and check-in was a breeze. The room and bathroom were very clean, and the bedding smelled fresh. We asked for restaurant recommendations and they gave us directions to the "main drag" where there were many choices. After dinner the three of us swam and then sat in the hot tub. Our only complaint was the pool was a little chilly but the hot tub was perfect. The beds were comfortable, the room was quiet and dark and we all slept well. My younger sister had some work to do and the internet worked great. Breakfast was delicious the next morning, with both hot and cold choices. Two of us sat at the table for three hours, chatting, while our older sister took a nap, and we never felt pressure from the breakfast attendant to move along. It was a very pleasant experience, and we are already planning our next "sister's reunion".

• Stayed August 2010
Indian Trail, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel for business purposes. I highly recommend this hotel, and here is why:
Room- very clean and large. Appears they used to have 2 double beds, but now just 1 king. Some of the unused space is a little awkward. Room was clean, had a microwave and a mini-fridge. Has high speed internet, but it is not wi-fi.
Area- fantastic area. convenient to Boise and you go against rush hour traffic in the morning and evening. Lots of restaurants nearby. We went to the Goodwood restaurant twice, and it was fantastic.
Amenities - Used the indoor pool and hot tub. Both were great. Yes, families with kids tend to gather here from 7 to 9, but hey, that's what it is for. Did not use the workout room. Breakfast was great. Each day had eggs and sausage, variety of breads, yogurt, fruit, make your own waffle, and juices/coffee. They were just a little slow with refilling the eggs/sausage, but not really an inconvenience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Idaho Falls, Id
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

A friend recommended I stay here. I was a little hesitant because of the location. I was afraid it would be loud being so close to a busy road. Turns out I couldn't even hear the traffic. It is also very close to great restaurants. I went for a girls weekend with some friends and found the staff to be awesome. The room was huge and was perfect for our weekend. Breakfast was pretty good. The waffles even had strawberries and whip cream to put on them. I would definitely stay here again. We had a blast.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Dayton Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

I was wary of staying here b/c of the tacky review but found it to be just like most Country Inns and Suites. Country decor--wood and dark colors and not gross at all. The staff was great--housekeeping and desk--the breakfast had waffles, yogurt, cereal, eggs, sausage, donuts, bagels, fruit--and the room was fab for the money. They have a book borrowing section that the kids and I used, a square pool that has a wheelchair device, a hot tub and a shallow baby pool. No pets are allowed and we requested foam pillows vs the feather pillows so it's good for those with allergies too. Would stay here again--we stayed a week and though breakfast was a little sparser (no wheat bread for toast, no apples) by midweek, it was still dandy for a freebie.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
New York, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

I was very surprised about the shabby and outdated decor throughout this hotel and the cheapness of the amenities (plastic cups and garbage cans, for example). This hotel was built just a few years ago I believe, but it seems 30 years old. The suite was large but inappropriately furnished (tables/desks too small and strangely located) and severely tacky from the bedspread to the melamine kitchenette to the wall decor. Breakfast was unappetizing - donuts from a box, sad fruit in a bowl, and terrible coffee. The room was not fully cleaned each day. Overall, this was a very poor showing.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eugene
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

great place to say. Staff is great, breakfast was wonderful, cookies anytime you visit the lobby.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple