“Basic extended stay, isolated and noisy”

Candlewood Suites Meridian
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed February 19, 2013

It's your basic extended stay hotel, with weekly instead of daily maid service. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and their Internet access is reliable. Limited television stations, and while the room has a recliner, it's not a very comfortable one. This one is in a corporate park setting, so there is nothing within walking distance. There is some fast food within a mile, but these are not roads you'd want to walk on. 15 min. to downtown Boise. Staff is friendly, and the laundry area is clean and well-maintained. Breakfasts are included, but inedible to me. Worst coffee I have ever seen.

It's a newer facility, but the walls are thin. Be prepared to hear your neighbors and what is going on in the hallway. Not a good place for light sleepers.

Room Tip: Try a top floor so you don't hear the people above walking around.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Meridian, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Michael C,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff and cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding room amenities and furniture. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at the Candlewood while looking at real estate and business possibilities. The room was large and clean. There is a stove, coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator with ice maker which were spotless. The only real critical comment I have is that the doors to the rooms are directly across the hall from one another and if the person across the hall is noisy the sound passes easily across, (the doors are not as well sealed as they could be). I had that experience but the neighbor turned down their TV before it was late in the evening and I slept fine the three nights I was there. Beds were comfy, too. The breakfast that is served in the lobby area was good, yogurt, toast, cereal, coffee, tea and fruit, I am sure there was more I just cannot recall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice hotel with very pleasant service. The location is close to the intersection of I-84 and Eagle Road making local travel easy. There's not much road noise considering the location. The rooms are clean and since it's an extended stay hotel there's not daily maid service. Breakfasts aren't as complete as in the major chains, but are sufficient. The charge for pets is minimal and dog treats are provided.

Room Tip: Very pet friendly. Rooms for people with pets near the rear exit doors so you don't have to go...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for three days and even though we didn't use the kitchenette as much as we planned (we ate out every night!), we found everything to be immaculately clean and well-maintained. The bed was a bit hard but we almost always find the beds uncomfortable in hotels. One bonus was taking a nice hot bath and being able to view the TV whilst soaking!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Room was very clean. Staff friendly and accommodating. All rooms have a kitchenette with full fridge. Place has a fitness center on property (couple treadmills and a universal machine) but if you want more, they'll hook you up with a neighboring fitness club where you can work out for free with your room key. Avoid the top floor if you're a non-smoker as half of the floor is smoking and you can smell the smoke in the hallway. The floor I stayed on (the 2nd) had no smell at all. You can get a dvd at the front desk for no charge (all rooms have dvd players). Great experience. I travel a lot and it was a treat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this on the last night of a business trip and unless the staff pours coffee on me in the morning there have been no issues. The front desk staff have been amazing, extremely friendly, polite, and amazing attitude! They did not treat me as a burden when I had questions, my key quit working or had to make adjustments to my reservation.
The room more than what I expected or am use to from hotels. Hardwood floors at the entry, full-size fridge, dishwasher, stove and basic cookware. A decent flat screen TV with a DVD player. The bed is comfortable with plenty of pillows. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Wes S
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I came down to Boise for me to have surgery. We are from McCall. We have no family to watch our five children and had to bring them with us. The hotel provided us a larger room, ground floor by the entrance (I realize they can't always do that) and just made every effort to help us be more comfortable as I recovered from that surgery. Yes, they provided all the expectations of a clean well run hotel, but the added "real life touch" of personal care made our experience "beyond excellent". Thank you team for that added touch!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family