“Great property and value”

Candlewood Suites Meridian
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Room was very clean. Staff friendly and accommodating. All rooms have a kitchenette with full fridge. Place has a fitness center on property (couple treadmills and a universal machine) but if you want more, they'll hook you up with a neighboring fitness club where you can work out for free with your room key. Avoid the top floor if you're a non-smoker as half of the floor is smoking and you can smell the smoke in the hallway. The floor I stayed on (the 2nd) had no smell at all. You can get a dvd at the front desk for no charge (all rooms have dvd players). Great experience. I travel a lot and it was a treat.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Meridian

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this on the last night of a business trip and unless the staff pours coffee on me in the morning there have been no issues. The front desk staff have been amazing, extremely friendly, polite, and amazing attitude! They did not treat me as a burden when I had questions, my key quit working or had to make adjustments to my reservation.
The room more than what I expected or am use to from hotels. Hardwood floors at the entry, full-size fridge, dishwasher, stove and basic cookware. A decent flat screen TV with a DVD player. The bed is comfortable with plenty of pillows. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Wes S
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I came down to Boise for me to have surgery. We are from McCall. We have no family to watch our five children and had to bring them with us. The hotel provided us a larger room, ground floor by the entrance (I realize they can't always do that) and just made every effort to help us be more comfortable as I recovered from that surgery. Yes, they provided all the expectations of a clean well run hotel, but the added "real life touch" of personal care made our experience "beyond excellent". Thank you team for that added touch!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is a nice property. The staff was pleasant. The complementary breakfast is quite simple with limited choices. The location is good; not too close in to Boise but close enough. The kitchen set up is nice if you want to avoid eating out every meal. The only potential negative is that they allow pets and if you happen to get a room next to a barking dog it isn't too nice. We experienced this for one early morning during our 10 day stay. We will stay there again on our next extended trip to the Boise area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mikel_49
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, it was a lot different than your usual hotel room with a separate bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. The place had exercise room, free breakfast, and a small convienence store. the in room ice maker was convienent, I was very comfortable in my little apartment. Defenitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a very clean, newer hotel in a nice business park just off I-84. There are many restaurant choices nearby. The hotel, being a Candlewood Suites, has no pool (a large indoor hot tub instead), very limited but complimentary breakfast, and is set up primarily for extended stays. Every room has a full kitchen setup. I also noticed it is pet-friendly, with doggie treats near the elevator. The internet access is free and fast. The bed in the 1-bedroom suite I had was queen-sized, and not as comfortable as other hotels mattresses. The brief stay I spent had no problems at all. I received a few unexpected perks for being Priority Club Platinum. I think that as long as you understand what amenities are and are not available prior to booking a stay, so you know what to expect (this isn't a full service hotel), then you will have an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is not a hotel you would want to spend just one night in, it is for a long term stay. Breakfast meal was nothing but ceral, toast, and small muffins. The hostess in the breakfast area was extremely rude to my wife, and we will not stay in a Candlewood again because of her attitude! This was Wednesday morning 8/14/2012.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple