“Beyond Excellent”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Meridian
McCall, Idaho
“Beyond Excellent”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I came down to Boise for me to have surgery. We are from McCall. We have no family to watch our five children and had to bring them with us. The hotel provided us a larger room, ground floor by the entrance (I realize they can't always do that) and just made every effort to help us be more comfortable as I recovered from that surgery. Yes, they provided all the expectations of a clean well run hotel, but the added "real life touch" of personal care made our experience "beyond excellent". Thank you team for that added touch!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is a nice property. The staff was pleasant. The complementary breakfast is quite simple with limited choices. The location is good; not too close in to Boise but close enough. The kitchen set up is nice if you want to avoid eating out every meal. The only potential negative is that they allow pets and if you happen to get a room next to a barking dog it isn't too nice. We experienced this for one early morning during our 10 day stay. We will stay there again on our next extended trip to the Boise area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mikel_49
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, it was a lot different than your usual hotel room with a separate bedroom, kitchen and bathroom. The place had exercise room, free breakfast, and a small convienence store. the in room ice maker was convienent, I was very comfortable in my little apartment. Defenitely would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a very clean, newer hotel in a nice business park just off I-84. There are many restaurant choices nearby. The hotel, being a Candlewood Suites, has no pool (a large indoor hot tub instead), very limited but complimentary breakfast, and is set up primarily for extended stays. Every room has a full kitchen setup. I also noticed it is pet-friendly, with doggie treats near the elevator. The internet access is free and fast. The bed in the 1-bedroom suite I had was queen-sized, and not as comfortable as other hotels mattresses. The brief stay I spent had no problems at all. I received a few unexpected perks for being Priority Club Platinum. I think that as long as you understand what amenities are and are not available prior to booking a stay, so you know what to expect (this isn't a full service hotel), then you will have an enjoyable stay.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fresno, California
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is not a hotel you would want to spend just one night in, it is for a long term stay. Breakfast meal was nothing but ceral, toast, and small muffins. The hostess in the breakfast area was extremely rude to my wife, and we will not stay in a Candlewood again because of her attitude! This was Wednesday morning 8/14/2012.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jim W
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My first ever Candlewood Suites stay turned out to be a great choice! The property looks very new from outside and the impression continues inside. There was a girl behind front desk and a manager in the back room, who both went out of their way in explaining all the amenities and also answering my questions about shops and places in vicinity. The front desk also provided a coupon for a complimentary soft drink from the hotel's self-service shop. The suite was great, little used, brand new, with all possible amenities. Too bad I was staying just for one night. There is also an indoor jacuzzi, but it was kind of busy, so I didn't get the chance to use it. Too bad they don't feature a pool. I did use the complimentary laundry room, which was another surprise - lots of brand new machines, clean and all for free! The breakfast was limited, but OK to start-off your day. At check-out, again, very friendly and warm service, they really made you feel welcome. I hope other Candlewood Suites are alike, so I will gladly choose them again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Medina, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was at another hotel in the Meridian area, and it wasn't up to par for wireless connections, let alone an XBox 360 connection to Live. Even though it was small, the room I had a kitchenette (full stove & utensils, full fridge, full microwave), a great bathroom (you could watch tv from there....awesome), and a full bed. For my needs these were awesome. The wow factor for me, was plugging my XBox into the wall drop, and it connected to Live right away! For those of you not owning one (or a PS3, I assume has the same issues when going to a hotel), we have to call & give the MAC address just to get limited access. You get 100% full access to everything, including chat. Well, at least for me. Loved my stay!

Room Tip: I had 329. This room was a perfect home away from home for me.