“Epi's, a real Basque treat!”

Epi's A Basque Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 234 Restaurants in Meridian
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Fort Worth
“Epi's, a real Basque treat!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have eaten at Epi's at least fifteen times which is significant because I live 1,600 miles away. Her food is amazing. There is nothing like Epi's beans. I always ask for a second bowlful. I have the recipe from their book and am always delighted that theirs taste better than the ones I try to make. Every entrée I have ever tried is wonderful from tongue to squid in ink sauce to meatballs. My favorite desert is the bread pudding which always comes with multiple spoons because it is enormous. For all the raving about the food, by far the best thing about Epi's is Chris and the rest of the staff. From the moment you walk into the restaurant, a small remodeled house on a busy street in Meridian, ID, you know that you are a member of a big, Basque family. The food is authentic because many of the staff have worked, lived and eaten in the Basque Country of Northern Spain.

• Visited April 2013

Meridian, Idaho
“Authentic basque home cooking at its best”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I waited seven long years to finally make it to this restaurant. It is a very small restaurant and I made reservations for us. We arrived and the place was packed! Not a single table available. They knew who we were right when we walked through the door, welcomed us and seated us. Myself, mother, and my three boys 14, 12, 8. Very simple decor, but what made the atmosphere great were all the people inside the restaurant. Each person was just plain happy to be there. We ordered calamari, ate their fresh homemade bread, roasted lamb in burgundy sauce, halibut in lobster sauce, shrimp scampi, and meatballs, red bean soup, cabbage soup, chocolate mousse cake, bread pudding, lemon cake. Sides for the night was peas and mashed potatoes. For us the WOW factors were the soups, portion sizes, and that apple bread pudding. Everything was very good, but these were the things we really noticed. We were not rushed in any way either. We want to return before my mom leaves town to try other things on the menu, this is how much we enjoyed the entire experience. We left with boxes and we enjoyed them all over again the next day.

• Visited July 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Favorite Restaurant in the Area”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

When my husband and I met six years ago, I introduced him to Epi's, and it has become our "go to" for special occasions. Whenever we have friends in town, we take them here to experience the best Basque food in the area. They always remember us and treat us like family!

In addition, I work in hospitality, and recommend Epi's to travelers seeking a dining experience that is unique to the Boise area. They are always pleased!

TIPS:
- the cod might be the best dish on the menu. Try it if you haven't already!
- Chris' homemade Cream of Mushroom soup is amazing! Red Bean Soup is very good as well, as is the Clam Chowder (some of the best in Boise).
- if you're too full for dessert, just order the Green Apple Bread Pudding to go. We enjoy it with coffee the next morning on the recommendation of our server :)

The only "con" is that I have to drive to Meridian from downtown Boise to enjoy my favorite restaurant ;)

• Visited July 2013
Pullman, Washington
“Nice dining experience, atmosphere is very family friendly, and good food.”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Kind of spendy, but food was good and atmosphere was great, wait staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome as like a family member.

• Visited June 2013
Orlando, Florida
“What a Special place for food and service”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place not only has fabulous food but Chris & Gina make you feel at home! The Halibut is fabulous! One of the few places spaghetti squash is properly prepared. It is worth a trip outside of Boise proper to Meridian for this gem! We had a huge party and no complaints! Attentive service and fabulous food. The Flat Iron is delicious as was the Lamb. Do not leave out dessert, the chocolate mousse and the ice cream pie is a must have! We will go back every time we are in the area.

• Visited June 2013