“Will not be returning”

Dining options: Late Night
Meridian, Idaho
“Will not be returning”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My friend and I have been going to Kahootz for over 5 years. It has always been a favorite of mine. Tonight however, I walked out and will not go back. When the two of us walked in we were told it would be at least a 20 minutes wait. No big deal, I was used to waiting because the place is always so packed. Tonight however there was a large table in the back that was empty. We were told they were holding that "in case" a group of 6 people came in. Ok....I guess. They then shortly thereafter cleaned off another table that could seat up to four. While they were cleaning it, two other people walked in and stated they were a party of four. We waited another ten minutes and then asked the waiter why they were holding not only a table for six people that "might" come in that night, but why also were they leaving the 4 person table open. We were informed that since the people that came in 10 minutes after us were waiting for 2 other people, they were saving that table for them since they would be a party of 4. I asked the waiter why they would hold a table for a possible six people that may or may not come in and was told that table was the only one to seat that size of group, or why they were going to first seat 4 people that came in after us. We were told that since there was only two of us, we would need to wait for a table for two. I have been in this place multiple times and always been treated like I counted but tonight, I was informed that I would have to wait even though there were tables open but there was only two of us. I told the waiter I could not understand how each customer was not taken care of as they came in regardless of what size of table they had. I was so disappointed I walked out and went elsewhere where I was treated like I was as important as any other customer. I will not return to Kahootz.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank almine64

Boise, Idaho
“Nice, clean, local "Hole in the Wall"”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our first visit last night was quite a pleasure! The hole in the wall that many reviewers call it is just a small, clean, and cozy neighborhood bar and grill that serves great food with layer of flavors! The majority of the tables are bistro style and comfortable.The serving platters and glass ware are high end and clean! The menu is small yet has good variety, from sandwhiches, to prime rib, to seafood, and pasta. The wine list is small with good choices yet the beers and microbrews are abundant! They have nightly specials and I understand if you call ahead, they will special order in seafood requests. The desserts were excellent..and my Creme Brulee was to die for! The service staff was great yet the food did take longer than we expected. The place was hopping and our waiter did apologize for our wauit before we asked about the delay, yet it was a good 25 minutes before we got our food. We didnt mind..great atmosphere, good company, and comfortable seating...we would have waited twice as long! The prices were a bit on the high side for a bar and grill yet the food was quite special. We will go back!

• Visited September 2012
Meridian, Idaho
“Superb Eats and Service”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This cozy neighborhood bar and grill eatery is one of our favorites and we are never disappointed! I love the fresh house-made salad dressings and the ever-changing mouthwatering soups offered daily. Check out the bread pudding that is offered for anyone celebrating a birthday, plus the beer-sampler is another fun thing to try.

• Visited May 2012
Akron, Ohio
“You'd never guess how good it is”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This hole in the wall had a ton of microbrews on tap(and server was knowledgeable), and food was very good too. They specialize in steak, but the pasta primavera spa style was quite tasty. Chocolate mousse rich acid, as promised, bittersweet. I'm more than satisfied.

Boise, Idaho
“Great little place”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

They have great food and lots of different beers on tap.

Visited January 2012