“Great food, service is usually great also”

Lucky Fins Seafood Grill
Ranked #5 of 240 Restaurants in Meridian
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Favorite place in the Boise area for seafood, and still in the top five for non-seafood. Very nicely decorated and in keeping with the restaurant's theme - love the light fixtures. Excellent chef's specials - in fact the chef or owner will quite often stop by your table to check on things. Great happy hour food - have the shrimp nachos for sure! Typically service is great. Last visit was a business meeting/happy hour combo. When we got there the place was not busy, so after we were seated, we asked if we could change to seating in the bar. Even though we hadn't even ordered yet the staff person was pretty testy about it - and was grumpy the rest of our visit. (She was busy chatting and we had to "bother" her once in awhile for additional drinks.) However - that is not the norm. If it happens again I'll definitely mention it to management, because that is not what I've come to expect there.

1  Thank Cheri S
Lisa D, Public Relations Manager at Lucky Fins Seafood Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Sheri,
We are so glad you can rate us so highly and we appreciate your regular business!
We would also like to apologize for the unusual staff behavior and please let us know if it happens again. We like to hold our standards high and appreciate when our customers tell us otherwise. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I have visited Lucky Fins several times over the past year and we have always been pleased and impressed with our food and the relaxing atmosphere. The quality of the food would be rated very high. The presentation is most pleasing and our wait time for our food is not long at all. I especially enjoy the Mahi Mahi fish tacos. This is my favorite food on their menu but they do have a lot more choices and they also have a nice fresh fish menu on their big blackboard on the wall which changes daily. At our most recent visit had us getting a dessert which was absolutely fabulous. I never have tasted such a great cake that my husband ordered. It was a Mango Cake. You must ordered it if it is on their dessert board.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

You will love the seafood selection. It is great to find a place that knows how to cook fish properly. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have been going to Lucky Fins since they opened and have always had a great experience. We have gotten to know a few of the servers and always ask to sit in one of their sections if they are working...Robin and Dessa are the BEST!! Chef Mark usually makes the rounds at some time during a meal and actually listens to what suggestions you may have...when they added cioppino to the menu we were ecstatic! However, one thing was missing...Crab legs. We suggested they add them and voila' the next time we ordered it, they had added them! Everything is always very well flavored and interesting.. It's high time Boise/Meridian had a GREAT seafood restaurant. can't wait to see how the one downtown will be! Kudos to all the staff and owners of Lucky Fins! You guys ROCK! PS, the sushi rolls are always delicious and love the different ones they have created you can't find anywhere else...ALOHA ROLL!!! Mmmmmm

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I cannot say enough about how much we love Lucky Fins Seafood Grill. The owner (Derek Hood) and staff always make us feel welcomed. Items on the menu are delicious and affordable, but I usually order from the chalkboard since I know I will not be disappointed as Chef Mark Ballen is a wizard with his creations. His presentations appeal to the eye and his knowledge of culinary chemistry will delight the most discriminating palate.

As a Louisiana native, i have a soft-spot for Chef's Cajun specialties during Lucky Fin's Mardi Gras offerings. I've been fortunate enough to have had the "On the Bayou Platter" twice and highly recommend it to anyone that wants to try some authentic Cajun dishes.

Derek and Chef Mark are never to busy to stop by and say "hello" and tell us of the exciting meals they are planing. Our servers are always attentive, friendly, and prompt. If you are fortunate enough to Robin or Kevin as your server, you can count on great experience. Both of them are excellent and always treat us as though we were special guests.