“Much more than I expected”

Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Meridian
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I made reservations on the road for Mr. Sandman at midnight and selected it because of the prices - comparatively very low. Because of the price, I expected a in-need-of-maintenance hotel. However, I was very surprised to check-in at 1 a.m. to find a very friendly and helpful staff, modern and completely new rooms, good wifi and and a great breakfast. The front desk even placed me in a room away from a young sports team that was also staying at the place. Although near the highway, the rooms have good windows and soundproofing. Very quiet. Most excellent.

I was traveling on business, but if you have a family, there is a full water park just a block west.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark B

Reviewed March 22, 2012

This hotel was very easy to find as it is right by the highway. One added bonus was it was very close to a WinCo, which we don't have where we are from. And you can't beat WinCo's grocery prices! On to the hotel. We arrived around 8pm and wanted to heat up our food and have dinner. But we found out there was no microwave in the room, just a mini fridge. But the hotel staff allowed us to use their dining lounge, which is typically for the continental breakfast in the morning. The dining area had coffee, utensils, cups, microwave, and some basic fruits all during off hours. We were travelling with our chihuahua , who is about 9lb, and the normal pet pee is $10, but since our dog was small, they only charged $5. We were also assigned the "model suite," which I didn't pay attention to the phrase in the beginning. As we were checking out the nice day, when I walked by the other rooms, I noticed they had the polyester bed spread that you see in motels. On the other hand, our room had really nice brown cotton duvets with matching decorative pillows, which all made me feel like I was sleeping in a well-presented department store linen department bed. The continental breakfast was good, but not many healthy options. It had toasts, mini doughnuts, waffles, concentrated juice, cereal, oatmeal, fruits, etc. All in all, best budget hotel on our entire road trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Good value for money Clean and confortable room . Good breakfast
Will stay there again

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scouter55
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Overall good value for your money. The jacuzzi tubs are spacious with room for two. The jets are powerfully enough. My only complait is the pillows suck. Either two thin or overly paded. Comfortable bed otherwise. Free HBO and actually a good breakfast with some variety.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Mraschio
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I've visited Meridian, Idaho several times over the past 10 years, and stayed in a few different hotels there. My favorite has always been the mr. Sandman. The accomodations are clean and nice. You get an excellent continental breakfast every morning and you really can't beat the price! We plan to stay there whenever we're in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed August 13, 2011

While the rooms are acceptable for the cost (did have some trash and stained sheets) I will never stay here again. They would not honor a gift certificate that was donated by them to my chidren's school auction. I had drove 9 hours just to use the gift certain for a mini vacation. They said the gift cert expired even though there was clearly no expiration date and I bought it two months before I tried to use it. The acting manager and general manager both were rude about it and placed the blame all on the school and myself. Horrible service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Becky H
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The pool was beautiful, but dirty. A layer of scum was floating on top. Needless to say, this didn't stop my kids who were sick of being in the car on a 90-degree day. We picked this hotel because it had an outdoor pool, and that was a very great feature.

Good breakfast, much more variety than most hotel free breakfasts. Lots of hot options, along with the usual waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal and juice.

The room carpet and linens could definitely use replacing.

Overall, it was a fine spot to spend the night halfway through our road trip. The price was right. But there are a lot of options in this area, and I think next time we'll try something else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family