“It could have been worse, but a great warm outdoor pool and good breakfast.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites

and 1 more site!
Mr. Sandman Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Meridian
Portland, OR
“It could have been worse, but a great warm outdoor pool and good breakfast.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

The pool was beautiful, but dirty. A layer of scum was floating on top. Needless to say, this didn't stop my kids who were sick of being in the car on a 90-degree day. We picked this hotel because it had an outdoor pool, and that was a very great feature.

Good breakfast, much more variety than most hotel free breakfasts. Lots of hot options, along with the usual waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal and juice.

The room carpet and linens could definitely use replacing.

Overall, it was a fine spot to spend the night halfway through our road trip. The price was right. But there are a lot of options in this area, and I think next time we'll try something else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank markandjill7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

This hotel had the best bed and temperature control in the room that we have experienced in years. As close as it is to the freeway, there was no road noise. It is close to a Restaurant JP's which had excellent food and portions at reasonable prices. There also sidewalks in the area so I could take my daily walk. The housecleaning was very good. The contential breakfast was fine too and the menu changed daily.

Room Tip: The first floor close to the lobby was GREAT
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Pocatello, ID
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

I've been coming to Meridian for several years to visit my Sister, and I generally end up staying at the Sandman. There are several things that I like - they have smoking rooms available, the rooms are clean, and in this day and age of bedbugs, they are NOT near the airport. Lets face it, it's not the newest motel/hotel in the Boise/Meridian area and you can see it's age, but for me it adds a sense of comfort in that it's not the sterile atmosphere of a brand new, fancy motel. There is a small pool and hot tub, although I have never used either. The showers (at least at the annex building) are unique in that they're semi-circular. There is plenty of hot water and the shower head puts out a generous stream of water - NOT the ecologically compliant mist that you can stand in for 10 minutes and still not feel like you're getting wet.

Overall, if you're looking for a place that has reasonable rates where you can spend a few hours sleeping, the Sandman is a god place to go.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

I made reservations several weeks before our trip. I set out to make them online because of the screamin deal i would get. I called the hotel to ask a question before reserving and after answering my question, the friendly woman helping me offered to make the reservation for me and also ended up saving me a few more dollars. Score! When we showed up they were extremely full but we were hoping for an additional room to surprise my son and his wife with and they offered a smoking room as their last one with a queen bed. We checked it out and it was really too smoky smelling to use. When i mentioned this to the desk, assuming that was the end of it , they offered to use some products and an ionizer to clear it out and freshen it up and also to change out the bedding. If we came back in an hour and it wasn't satisfactory, we could get our money back. Good deal! Plus, they gave us the same screamin good rate on the room! Within 5 minutes, the products were in place and the bedding was being changed. At that same time, the kids we were getting the room for told us they really didn't need the room. When I hung my head and told the desk we didn't need the room after all, they were very kind and told me that was O.K. and the charge would be canceled. I was really embarrassed but they assured me it was O.K. In addition, the hotel in general and our room were very clean and comfortable. Didn't even wake up with a backache like I usually do at a hotel. Nice bonus :) Would definitely stay again! Thank you John and Justin : )

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elliette1
Ellensburg, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

Easy to find, great location, friendly staff, comfortable rooms. Pool was too warm and very dirty - kids described it as dirty bathwater. Breakfast had great hours but with it's own issues - not a whole lot of sitting areas, great selections, but eggs tasted and looked like rubber, had to wait for replinishment of some items.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MsCurlyboop
Caldwell, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

i was at the sandman inn & suites over the past weekend, and i used their out door pool. i wanted to write this review to tell everyone how wonderful that pool is. they keep the pool very clean, the water was sparkling. the pool was heated even though it was outdoors. it was so great on a nice hot day in the valley to jump into that clean, perfect water. thanks mr sandman for caring about your guests, i loved it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank horsechick
washington d.c.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2009

Great breakfast, friendly staff, nice rooms, and free internet

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple