“Way downhill since my last visit”

Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria
Ranked #30 of 240 Restaurants in Meridian
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Flatbread is an upbeat Neapolitan pizzeria and wine bar specializing in serving authentic wood-fired Neapolitan pizza certified by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN) of Naples, Italy. We strictly adhere to the regulations set forth not only by the VPN, but by long-standing tradition. Offering craft brews from around the region, unique wines, a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an amazing happy hour from 3-6pm every day. Perfect for families as kid's make their own pizza right at their table, then watch it bake in our 900 degree wood burning oven. The menu is balanced out with a selection of market fresh salads, focaccia sandwiches and possibly the most amazing mac-n-cheese you'll find. Join us for a hip, urban and fun dining experience.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My last trip to Flatbread was positive, with good pizza and mediocre service. This time...it's safe to say that I won't be returning. I ordered the Pick 2 lunch for $9.95, and got 2 margherita pizzettas. Each pizzetta was roughly 6" in diameter. The taste though, was just plain bad. The crust was chewy, much like a thick pita bread. The wood-fired oven had blackened the bottom. My pizza had an abundance of tomato sauce and basil, but not a lot of cheese...which left it to be a soggy mess. I ate one pizzetta because I was starving, but the other didn't get touched. The waitress never asked how our meal was, topped off my water once and didn't split our check.

What's worse: after I ran a few errands and still had pizza on my mind, I stopped for a $5 pizza to go, and it was DELICIOUS compared to the certified pizza I had at Flatbread.

There are newer reviews for Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My experience was lackluster at best. I ordered the Bianco Magnifico. It came burnt (really blackened on the bottom)....in which the oil from the pizza caused it to marinate in a sort of burnt stew. Also, important to note that the size of the pizzas are quite small. Basically, food was poor, and left broke and hungry. There are better options out there.......Avoid.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

They have great pizza, and the salads are very good as well. fun atmosphere, good service. There is outdoor seating for summer time, which is great. Service is prompt.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've been to Flatbread a few times, and it's a good place to eat. The pizza is pretty close to what you'd eat in Italy, which is nice considering we're in Idaho! (It is a whole lot more expensive than the pizza I ate in Italy though!) The service is usually pretty good, although sometimes you'll have to flag down your waiter for refills on water or soda.

Happy hour is the best time to eat or drink here...go for a $3 pizzette.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have been seeing these all around Boise, and finally ate at the one in Meridian over the weekend. Nice selection for lunch and the pizza was terrific, as was the salad. Prices were very reasonable especially when you consider the quality of the food.

1  Thank LJH-B