“Great Pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles

Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria
Ranked #28 of 225 Restaurants in Meridian
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Flatbread is an upbeat Neapolitan pizzeria and wine bar specializing in serving authentic wood-fired Neapolitan pizza certified by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN) of Naples, Italy. We strictly adhere to the regulations set forth not only by the VPN, but by long-standing tradition. Offering craft brews from around the region, unique wines, a full bar with specialty cocktails, and an amazing happy hour from 3-6pm every day. Perfect for families as kid's make their own pizza right at their table, then watch it bake in our 900 degree wood burning oven. The menu is balanced out with a selection of market fresh salads, focaccia sandwiches and possibly the most amazing mac-n-cheese you'll find. Join us for a hip, urban and fun dining experience.
Idaho
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice, casual experience. I heartily recommend it. I took my date there before a movie. The service and food were very good.

• Visited February 2013

Los Gatos, California
“This is the best Pizza Place in the Country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I love everything about this place. I try to eat there every time that I visit the Boise area. All of the pizzas are great, but I have a special fondness for the Maple-Fennel Sausage variety. They also have fantastic salads. I'm partial to the Chicken Arugula Basil one. Finally, don't even think about skipping the Tomato Basil Soup.

The staff is friendly, the service is very good, and the quality of the food is outstanding. Don't wait, just go there.

Visited April 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Good Food, Horrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

First off, our food was great, but that was the only positive of this experience. We were sat after waiting 40 minutes for a table for 5, our waitress walked by our table a total of four times, helping those around us before even acknowledging our presence and then asked "are we finally ready" like it was an inconvenience we had sat in her section. We quickly ordered our drinks and food at the same time, fearing we wouldn't have another chance for at least 15 minutes. We ordered two pizzas, one of them came out perfectly, but when our server asked how everything was we asked about the second one, at which time she realized she hadn't put that pizza in the order and rushed back to the kitchen to get it going. Once we had all our food, we asked for napkins on three separate occasions, finally getting them once we were finished with our meals. Some in our group wanted desert, but the bill came so quickly, instead of being offered the desert menu, so we paid and took our business elsewhere. We have been to Flatbread before at this location and at the location in Bown Crossing and both have been great experiences, but this visit has put a sour taste in our mouth about returning.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Meridian, Idaho, United States
“Consistancy, quality and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I feel like it is high time that I submit a review for Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria. They recently rebranded themselves, formerly known as Flatbread Community oven. They have added some menu items along with this rebranding as well. First off, if you are looking for a cheap, foodie eat, hit the happy hour menu, anytime before 6 p.m. This is great value with menu items from $4-$6 a piece, including personal size pizzas, flatbreads, their incredible fondue, and local brews on tap. It is a screaming deal and my family of 3 get out of there for under $30, and that includes the booze, can't beat that! Otherwise, even if you don't hit that time of day, you are getting great food with good prices. The service is awesome! Sierra, one of the hostesses will greet you with a big smile and welcome you like family, Taylor, the GM is a wonderful fella that is always there to answer your questions, tell you about what is new and generally make sure your meal is to your satisfaction. Vanessa, Casey, and every other server we have had there is exceptional, friendly and helpful. It must be a fine place to work, as these folks have been there for years. The patio is wonderful in the summer, with giant garage style doors that open up the whole place to Generations Plaza, where the kids can run around and play on the lawn or near the fountain. During the holiday season, the beautiful lights add a wonderful ambiance that gives you a romantic feel.
Standout menu items to my family are the make it yourself pizza for the kiddo which is only $5.25, includes a drink and a warm fresh cookie for dessert. They bring by the ingredients for my little boy to create his own pie, and he is a happy camper. Their fondue is outrageous and should be considered a controled substance it is so good, and their pizzas are off the hook. Maple fennel pizza with carmelized onions, yum, plucked and peppered spicy chicken pizza, yeow! An insane Bianco Magnifico pizza with roasted chicken, garlic, cheese, prosciutto, carmelized onions, and a balsamic glaze on top, CRAZY good. The salads are wonderful, and large, they have sandwiches made of beautiful house made breads, pastas, etc etc.
We have been eating there for perhaps 6 years now and have NEVER had a bad meal, EVER. Where do you find consistancy like that? It is our go to place when we have guests from out of town, and our Sunday night diner. My only complaint might be that it is so popular that if you get there late, it will be a wait for a table, and they could easily expand, altough the place is large enough, it's popularity brings in the crowds on weekends , like any other good place in the valley. Go early and enjoy the killer happy hour deals, and avoid this anyway. I have gone to the other Flatbreads in town and had just as good luck with them, but as we live in Meridian, it is our go to place.
It is also VPN certified and has to adhear to very strict standards to create authentic Neopolitain style pizza. You can check out what all this means on their website.
You will not go wrong with Flatbread, and the foodie in you will thank you for it!

Boise, Idaho
“Unique menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Fresh and well prepared ingredients. I had the pick two lunch special, chicken arugula salad basil salad and rosemary chicken sandwich my friend it was delicious. My friend had the shrimp salad and gave it two thumbs up. We had our typical two plus hour lunch and our server continued to provide excellent service without indicating we were overstaying our welcome. I don't know whether ten bucks is considered high for lunch or not but the food quality and service are so great, I would happily pay an extra buck or two

• 3 of 5 bubbles