“Good Food, Good Price”
Review of Souper Salad - CLOSED

Souper Salad
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Visited Souper Salad for the first time for lunch.

Overall, we had a good experience; the restaurant was clean, spacious and well laid out. The offerings for the Salad Buffet were diverse and plentiful. I especially appreciated that many of the items were chopped or diced, leaving less work to cut up into bite sized pieces. The produce was super fresh and constantly monitored by staff to ensure everything was stocked and clean. Speaking of the staff...EVERYONE we encountered was extremely friendly and attentive; even going so far to share/recommend their favorite dishes. :)

They had a small dessert section with soft-serve ice cream & topping.

Their soup selection consisted of 5 offerings; they looked fresh and appetizing. I tried the Broccoli Cheese soup and thought it had good flavor and consistency. Also tried the Texas Chili w/beans, and found it to be robust, not too thick and very flavorful.

Next to the soups, they had additional offerings that consisted in part of: Bread Sticks, Pizza, Tortillas, Taco & Baked Potato fixin's, and Pasta & Marinara Sauce.

An added feature, appeared to be a Wifi station for customers to plug their devices into. (I'm not into all that, but others were using it.)

All in all, I'd recommend Souper Salad in Meridian for those who want a nice meal, with lots of options at a good price. My only disappointment, was that I'm a HUGE Ranch Dressing 'aholic', and I found theirs to be lacking considerably in flavor, once mixed into the salad.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

It's a great concept for a restaurant. A little something to make everyone happy, including picky kids. Sadly, the food is just about as "school lunch room" as the trays they provide to put it on. It's a fairly healthy option, and probably great for large families with many tastes to accommodate, but not a favorite of mine. My husband loves it, but I think that's mostly because of the very good cheddar broccoli soup that's hard to find in a restaurant. Just too expensive for what you get.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I wish my hometown in Oregon has a place like this. Besides two huge salad bars you will find a baked potato bar with ever fixing. Several gourmet soups. The price was amazing. The atmosphere is like a nicer cafeteria. No need to skimp of filling foods but you can also eat extremely healthy here is you chose.

If I pass through there again this will be my lunch destination.

1  Thank KeizerDuck
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Souper Salad is a very good salad bar at a really great price. Watch for the special coupons, entitling you to adult entry at $5.99. When I'm on a tight budget and/or wanting to eat healthy, this is a top pick. Fresh ingredients in the salad bar, five or so creative soups from which to choose, plus extras like pizza and nachos for the kids, make this a great family stop.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I really wanted to love this restaurant, as we're fans of Souplantation (which does not exist around here). We were sorely disappointed both times we tried it, a while ago, and about a year apart. (A great coupon brought us back, hoping they improved.) The food was cheap, the atmosphere family friendly. Unfortunately, the food was lousy.

I wish I could say otherwise, but it tasted like they cut corners on ingredients at every opportunity. The cheese was rubbery, the salad dressings were overly-tangy, and the soups tasted like they came out of a can, smacking of flavor enhancers (MSG? yeast derivatives?) rather than decent ingredients and spices.

The fresh produce in the salad bar was decent. So if you're looking for raw vegetables without spices and dressings, you'll love it. Likewise, if you love semi-dairy pudding and jell-o for dessert, that super-tangy fat-free dressing taste, grocery store deli potato salad, and Campbells as the height of soup flavor, this is the place for a great deal on your night out on the town.