“Wanted Better than Average”

Pinnacle Sports Grill
Ranked #124 of 249 Restaurants in Meridian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: Boise’s & Meridian’s premier sports grill. 13 high definition TV’s with 8 DirecTV satellite receivers. All the major sports packages so you never miss your favorite games. Outstanding menu: burgers, wings, brick oven pizza, pasta, fish, five salads, fish and chips, more… Beer (15 on tap and 20 in bottle), wine, and full bar.
Reviewed November 30, 2015

My wife and I tried Pinnacle for a late lunch for our first visit. The restaurant is big and airy with a sports themed bar anchoring the center. Tropical fans outline the ceiling above the bar. TV's are arranged so you can watch a couple of games at the same time.

We were served a basket of (presumably) homemade potato chips upon seating. This is a nice touch. We ordered a couple of draft beers, and although there were no prices on the menu, we were a little shocked when we were charged $7.75 per beer on our bill.

I ordered a club sandwich and asked if I could substitute a cup of soup for the fries. The waitress said no problem but there would be a slight up-charge of $3.99. Guess what the menu price is for a cup of soup ala carte? If you guessed $3.99 you would be correct. Basically, I would be buying the soup and throwing away the fries. (Also, I was disappointed that the sandwich did not come with a pickle.)

My wife ordered a cheeseburger and fries. It didn't appear to be any better than a good quality fast food burger.

Both sandwiches were extremely average at best, Neither were terrible or great. I would say that they were both below the quality and presentation that you would expect at a good restaurant.

Service was fine. Would I try it again? Probably not.

Reviewed November 17, 2015

Had brunch and lunch with the our son & daughter law while attending the horse show at Ford Equestrian Center that weekend. The staff was very attentive, menu was good and it's a great sports bar to watch any game or car racing.

Reviewed October 17, 2015

I don't mean this place is bad, it's just not special. Nice staff and plenty of seating, food is average. I wouldn't go out of my way to come here, but I wouldn't turn it down as a meeting spot.

Reviewed October 12, 2015

Pinnacle Sports Grill has a great set up for watching sports. It is the best place to watch Boise State football! Many other locations around Boise broadcast sports but they do not have, or play, the audio. Pinnacle plays the audio and it makes all the difference in the world. They have large screen TVs everywhere. There is not a bad seat in the house. Lots of Boise State fans watch the games here. Many people in Blue and Orange, lots of cheering, and several occasions for the "Boise" "State" chant. We recommend the Pinnacle because it is the most fun game atmosphere, prices are reasonable, and service is excellent.

1  Thank FamousDena
Reviewed September 24, 2015

Having sampled many finger steaks in the Treasure Valley. I pronounce these the best. They always seem to have great wait staff no matter when we go,we do like Adam the best of all. We enjoy watching the BSU games from one the many big screens. Try the Golden Glove lunch special if you get a chance lots of good food on the cheap.