“Wow! Glad I came here!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Having seen this place on Triple-D, I decided to give it a try. Being in Idaho, a potato-based dish seemed in order, so I tried the "Rick's Salmon in Potato" - basically a hash-brown encrusted Salmon fillet. I've never had such a nice salmon meal anywhere! I've had nice salmon up and down the Pacific Northwest Coast, from Portland to Tofino, but never had such a perfectly done piece of fish. The crust of the potato was an excellent contrast to the moist fish. A bowl of their potato soup and a couple of glasses of their house Pinot Grigio rounded out a great meal. Contrary to other reviews, I found the service by Rick's wife to be excellent.

One funny note on the menu seemed odd and a little confrontational: "Should you take the merchant copy of your credit card slip, a 20% gratuity will be added to your bill" I'm sure there's a story there!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Love this place! I do not know of anywhere else in the valley with any better quality food. The service may be a tad slow but the restaurant is small and family run. When packed they obviously haven't developed a deep pool of "reserve servers", which is fine with me. By a "tad slow" I mean only a moment or two. I go here for lunches but finally got around to taking the biggest restaurant critic in the world (my wife) there to dinner. She left so impressed that all she could say was "Why haven't we been here before?"

That's a great review coming from her.

I have a feeling that a couple of the negative reviews here that were due to service were either fabrications or gross embellishments of service slightly different from the server slavery they obviously expected.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I ate at this restaurant from Trip Advisor review. It was outstanding!! Friendly staff and great service.
The potato crusted salmon was amazing!! The prices were great. Don't pass this up if traveling through Meridian.
We made reservations since it was a Saturday evening.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Completely awesome Meatloaf sandwich lunch. I must say I haven't had a better one EVER or ANYWHERE! I will be back, again and again, of that you can be sure.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I saw Rick's Press Room on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. It looked great. It is a good place but not as good as it looked on TV! The first thing I saw was that their lunch menu was a bit over-priced for this part of Meridian. $11-16 for many items. I had the special which was a hot beef/cheese sandwich for $8.95. The meat was good, bun was bakery fresh and the cheese was good and gooey. Fries on the side were good. I wanted to order the potato crusted salmon I saw on TV but didn't want to spend that much at lunch. I DID have a beer, nice and cold. There were many business people there at lunch and that's the type they attract. Not real fast service but good if you aren't in a hurry. They could have used another waitress. Overall, I'd try it again as the food was good.