“Did not disappoint!”

Dining options: Reservations
Alabama
“Did not disappoint!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at Rick's on Friday, 12-21-12. We were seated after just a short wait and were greeted by Julie, Rick's Wife. She took our order in a timely manner and was just overall very personable.

We ordered the crab dip for our appetizer. It arrived after a short wait and was very tasty. Loaded with crab. I commented that it would make and EXCELLENT Crab sandwich. My husband, the picky eater of the bunch, thought it was very good also. For our entree we both ordered the Salmon in Potato. We had read about this entree online and also had seen the segment on Diners, Drive ins and Dives. It did not disappoint. The salmon was delicious, the potatoes added a little crunch and the overall impression of this dish was excellent. It was served with a garden salad that was just standard salad fare. I think this has been my favorite meal I've had in ages.

We were surprised with a complimentary flaming Tiramisu. Even though neither of us are huge fans of Tiramisu we thought this dessert was really good. Couldn't finish it since we were so stuffed from the wonderful entree and appetizer we had just consumed.

In closing I will say we were treated like ole friends even though this was our first time in the restaurant and I know we will frequent this place often.

• Visited December 2012

Meridian
“Guy was right!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Great atmosphere. Family owned restaurant with excellent food. Guy Fieri said it was the bomb, and it was! Great Salmon with lemon dill sauce! Yummo! Great seeing all the old newspapers on the wall with headlines from the past.

Visited March 2012
Twin Falls, Idaho
“The foods great, the service is hit and miss”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Rick is a truly talented chef! I have tasted most all of his menu, and the Duck he runs as a special, is to die for! His wife Julie is almost always the server, she really needs to hire someone to take her place. I am sure she experiences "burn out", and thus reflects that to the customers. I have witnessed customers waiting and waiting for service, only to give up and walk out. Her service doesn't do Rick's food justice. I would rate this restaurant at "excellent", if they had competent wait staff.

• Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“A must try if visiting Meridian”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

It's rare that I actually review a restaurant after just one visit. If I do, it either has to be REALLY bad or exceptional. Rick's was exceptional! The food and service were both excellent. I highly recommend the potato crusted salmon. To best describe it, it's like potato chips, sour cream and chives dip, and salmon all in one bite!!!!! Plus, prices are reasonable, given the quality and portions!

Visited August 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Salmon from Heaven”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I travel to the Boise area a few times a year. I was introduced to Rick's Press Room today, and the meal was fantastic! The place looks very plain, but the food and service are great. This restaurant will be a regular stop for me.

• Visited July 2012