“The food and service speak volumes”

Gino's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 232 Restaurants in Meridian
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Meridian, Idaho
“The food and service speak volumes”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Having grown up in NY, great Italian food was expected, period! Now that I have lived in several states and have settled in Meridian, Idaho all I can say is thank God for Gino's. The food is superb as well as the atmosphere and the service. The restaurant is always packed, which we noted the first time we ate there and we soon realized why. We have taken friends and family there and they always rave about the experience. What can I say, Gino even goes around to all the tables greeting customers and making sure their food is great. In fact when I go to Gino's now, Gino always recognizes me and comes over to shake my hand. We have that NY heritage that provides a common foundation of what great food should be and can be! I highly recommend Gino's, it truly is "Italian."

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Al B

Star, Idaho
“Meridian's finest Dinning”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great dinning spot a hidden Gem of a spot. Great service, good selection of Wines, "Gino" was involved with all the restaurant. He came around and talked everyone and made sure everything was to our liking

• Visited January 2014
Eagle, Idaho
“First time there!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have only lived in Idaho for five months so we are still experimenting with restaurants, some great, some, good and some not so good. This one is great!. Great food, great service and a very nice atmosphere. Relatively new, guess they moved from a location in Boise for whatever reason to Meridian. I read an article about them in a local magazine while waiting in a doctors office. I had old fashioned pasta and meatballs, all homemade buy the way, while my wife had the clam, tomato sauce and pasta. She said it was one of the best clam dishes ever. Fresh clams are hard to find and these tasted like they were just out of the water!
Luke, our server was great and everyone is friendly there and act like they are glad we were there. The only suggestion I would have is to include the small dinner salad with the entree's. Other than that everything is excellent!

• Visited February 2014
Seattle, Washington
“One of the best Italian places in Boise”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The food is quite good. The atmosphere is nice. Not great, it's in a strip mall kind of off the beaten path. Service has always been good. The owner, Gino, walks around a bit and chats up the tables. It is a tiny bit pricey, but since it is one of two or three good Italian places in the Boise area, it is worth the money. Not a real family vibe. More for a night out with other adults. We got there about 4-6 times a year.

Visited January 2014
boise
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best italian food”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I have had italian food from all over this country and I have to tell you this was some of if not the best I have eaten. I went 30 miles out of my way to try Gino's, from a suggestion of a stranger. I will absolutely make a trip to eat here every time I make it through maredian.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Darrell C

Been to Gino's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!