“I love this place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rupert's

Rupert's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rupert's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in McCall
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Rupert's we strive to offer fresh, honest, clean, simple, good value food. Chef Gary Kucy places a focus on flavor with quality ingredients with a fondness toward ethnic flavors of the Southwest, Asia, and Mediterranean.
McCall, ID
“I love this place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2009

I'm so excited for the warming weather and the chance to eat on the deck of Rupert's again. The atmosphere here is awesome with a great lake view. The food is beautifully prepared and the menu is reasonably priced. They have a wonderful wine list with many choices for differing price ranges. The staff is super friendly too, very welcoming and warm. The chef and staff has changed within the past few months and people reading these negative reviews need to experience it for themselves. It's too good to miss out on!

boise idaho
“yummy scallops and super wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

Last night, my husband and I went to dinner at Ruperts in McCall. We were pleasantly surprised after reading the other reviews. I had the scallops and they were fantastic as well as a very reasonably priced wine list, our bottle of sauvignon blanc was fantastic. My husband had the hlaf chicken priced at $16 and he loved xit as well! The views are fantastic! we cant wait to come back over the summer and enjoy them on the patio!

Idaho
“Horrible Service - seems to be a trend based on reading the reviews”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

We didn't even eat at Rupert's - after sitting for nearly 30 minutes w/o any contact with staff (and numerous failed efforts to get them), w/ no water or bread, much less menus, we left. On the way out I told the bar tender, "It's a good idea not to let customers sit for 30 minutes w/o water or menus," and he actually said, "I'll pass that on!" No apology, no attempt to get us to stay. Oh- and the outside lake view table we had reserved in advance was occupied... So we went next door to Great Escape - where the view was MUCH better, our server cheery and prompt, and the food was very tasty! I had a wonderful 1/4 free range chicken for the bargain price of $14, and my husband's pasta was great, too. After reading other reviews I see that a horrible wait is par for the course at Rupert's - go to Great Escape instead!

1 Thank Idahoan1
McCall, Idaho
“Don't expect anything gourmet here!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2008

I've been to Rupert's many times, hoping the service and the fare would improve. Dinner - gourmet prices, average preparation and quality. Lunch is usually OK, but be prepared to wait to eat; I always request bread, because I know service is very slow. Then I have to request a small plate (for the bread), and then a knife (this shouldn't be so hard, should it?). Happens every time.

I think the chef is trying to be something he's not. If it was just a burger, fish & chips (very good) place it would be OK. Would it be too much to expect a small pickle, or a sprig of parsley to spruce up the servings? The naked plate doesn't evoke feelings of a nice presentation.

Nice location, good view, but can be very loud when busy. It would be great for McCall to have a new dependable restaurant, but sadly, this won't be it.

2 Thank McCallFoodCritic
Boise
“No one judges a restaurant based on a holiday meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2008

We have eaten at Rupert's on many an occasion and
are happy to report very good food and value for
any meal of the day. The wine list is fairly priced and
well positioned. They have 8 beers on draft and
an amazing view. Do not miss any of the wonderful,
made fresh, desserts. It is our favorite dining spot in McCall.

Been to Rupert's? Share your experiences!