“Over Priced and amateur cooking.”

McCall Brewing Company
Ranked #13 of 62 Restaurants in McCall
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Over Priced and amateur cooking.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

On my way to Moscow my good friend and travel companion stopped in McCall for a meal and a few hours to kill. We were gassing up at Maverick and noticed the sign for the McCall Brewery and drove over for a meal. My first impression of the Brewery is drab and thought, "oh, ok I guess i will be eating a burger or fish and chips." I saw the menu full of promising pastas, steak and salmon. I chose a salmon pasta and my friend got the special of the evening a childish take on chicken cordon bleu which i would of rather bought from the freezer section. We were both delighted to receive our beers finally after a malfunction with the keg and waited and waited and waited for our food. Once it arrived I was famished to the point that even my right arm would taste good, or so I thought. The salmon was over cooked the noodles were under cooked the "sauce" lacked flavor and the only thing i could taste was capers. I am a fan of capers, however i don't want to make a meal out of them. My friend couldn't even eat her meal as her cordon bleu was not cooked all the way. I firmly believe they just hired high school drop outs to cook food and had a professional write their menu, needless to say it is not a place i will ever recommend or go back to.
If someone asks me for a wonderful meal in McCall I would recommend something from your own kitchen!

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank passingby87

Union
“Nothing good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

I had the hamburger and fries. Everything was way over cooked including the bun. The worst hamburger and fries I have ever had.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank Mr_Pingman
Boise, Idaho
“Skip this one”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

Stopped in for an early dinner after skiing. Ordered the pastrami reuben. The sandwich had so much mayo or some other sauce I couldn't taster anything else. The fries were cold and not fresh. My dad had the burger. He said it was overcooked and dry. I had several of their beers. The second one, I can't remember the name, was ssooo nasty I couldn't finish it. There are definitely better choices in McCall.

• Visited January 2011
Rancho Mirage, California
“Our Favorite in McCall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

Perfect sporty mtn. lodge type atmosphere. Great chef specials. Food always fresh, quick and tasty. Flat screens for all the sports with and fresh brewed beer. Always our first choice in McCall.

Britishinmyheart
“Too expensive for what you get”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

My husband and I took a weekend trip to McCall last October with some friends. We ate at the McCall Brewing Company on our way out of town and were very disappointed. We were eager to sample some local brew, so we ordered three "sampler" sizes of beer. We ended up not liking the ones we tried (I don't remember which ones they were), which would have been fine (that's the whole point of a sampler) if they weren't so expensive. Three "samples," about the size of a shot glass, were more than an entree. We picked a safer looking beer off the menu and decided to split a pitcher, since for four people that would be more economical. Then we discovered the pitchers were more than $20, so my husband and I just shared a pint and ordered water instead.

The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly good either. The service was pretty awful though. There were only two servers on staff, which I found odd for a weekend in a resort town. It was very busy, so we tried to be patient, but it took several minutes for anyone to even notice we'd walked in the door. The server only visited our table when strictly necessary, and sighed and rolled her eyes when we told her the samplers weren't really our taste. Lunch and drinks for four people, including tip, was almost $70. And we only ordered sandwiches. I know it's a resort town, and that prices are high in general, but I wish we'd spent our money elsewhere instead of paying for average food and terrible service. I hear the food at the Salmon River Brewery down the street is much better - I think we'll try our luck there next time.