“Great Value, friendly staff....”
Review of Super 8 McCall

Super 8 McCall
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Boise Idaho
“Great Value, friendly staff....”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I travel to McCall on business several times a year and have stayed at the majority of the motels there. Never staying at the Super 8 before I thought I would try it because of the close proximity to appointments I had scheduled. I found the rate to be very competitive and the staff was surprisingly friendly and accomodating. The room were slightly above normal for what I would consider a Super 8 to have and it was very clean.
A problem arose with one of my accounts which necessitated that I stay another night which was not an issue.
For the money you can't beat this Super 8. I will stay again on one of my future trips.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Absolutly love the Super 8 McCall. It was clean and quiet. The manager was very friendly and answered all our questions. Will definatly be back again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
McCall, Idaho
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I have made several bookings with Super 8 recently for contractors coming up from Boise. The reservation process has been seemless and the staff has been very pleasant to work with. The rooms and common areas have always been clean and tidy.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Breen
Reviewed February 18, 2011

If you are looking for a "home" "away from home" look no more, this is the place.. From the family like staff to the home style lobby, it is all here. The place is very pet friendly and the rooms clean, comfy and quiet. The beds were comfy for me too and I hate regular beds and in most places the sheets don't fit the bed, here they do. I am 6 foot tall and in most places I have to bend backwards to wash my hair, you know get under the shower head, Not Here, no bending in the shower.. It is close to down town and the free bus stops in the parking lot here, that is just another plus to this place. Every place I have every stayed I have to unplug the fridge because they make to much noise, Not Here!! The fridge ran just fine, nice and quiet and kept the beer very cold. This is my new "home away from home."

• Stayed February 2011
McCall, Idaho
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Room had everything one would expect including fridge and micro - very clean. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating - from Deb and Matt at front desk, to housekeepers. Pet friendly too.

We were unexpectedly evacuated from our home in Tamarack Resort because of encroaching wildfires and had to leave with hardly any notice. I called the Super 8 and Deb was able to offer us a great "emergency" rate, so we headed to McCall. Even though not yet check-in time, we were greeted with open arms. With dog and cat in tow, and a packed car to unload, we were comforted by a very nice room. We were "day to day", and were allowed late checkout once the evacuation 3 order was lifted.

I usually frequent the Hyatt, but for the 2nd time this year, I was really happy with the Super 8 (see previous review from Grangeville stay).

PS - request extra pillows

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Northwest
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Nothing special but not terrible. Everything was very cheap and basic. All our beds were hard & uncomfortable. The breakfast was ok by cafeteria standards and had some variety. We only saw a couple of other hotel guests during the whole weekend so it was very empty and quiet, in a kind of spooky way. The manager was particularly unfriendly but we only had to see him on Friday. The other staff was friendly. Very far away from downtown. Best if you can get a discounted rate from an online booking company. Don't pay full regular price - it won't be worth it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
SanDiego
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Its 11pm, and I am awake, just you all ought to be too. NOISY, NOISY NOISY!
Only about 10 parties in this motel tonight and we are all crammed on one end, and between the crying baby and the kids upstairs playing "brother-pong" on the floor....I ain't going to bed soon.
Room seems fine, jacuzzi is hot, WiFi sort of works, (which is rare in northern Idaho). But lord god....why so noisy.
We stayed two weeks ago at Woodsman Motel (see other review) which was cheaper, closer to town and quieter. Though no Jacuzzi and their WiFi was really bad.
Must be lots of room at the top in the hotel biz in McCall.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Best Western Plus Mccall Lodge & Suites
#2 of 2 in Donnelly
The Rustic Inn
The Rustic Inn
#6 of 8 in McCall

Been to Super 8 McCall? Share your experiences!