“Speechless!”
Review of Shore Lodge

Shore Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at The Shore Lodge the same day we flew home from Sedona, AZ. We weren't ready to be done with vacation so we went from sunny and 75° to 32° white powder perfection!

When we arrived we were greeted by two gentlemen who quickly confirmed our room reservation and showed us into the lodge. The gal at the front desk greeted us with a smile and two glasses of wine. She reviewed our our room reservation with us, told us about the restaurant, pool, and hot tub and then added that they would bring us a movie and popcorn if we wanted to order room service.

The room was amazing, the views...breathtaking! About 10 minutes after settling in, the phone rang...it was the concierge calling to introduce themselves and ask if there was anything we needed. The service was WOW!

We decided to dine at The Narrows for dinner...Amazing! Our table looked out over the beautiful frozen Payette Lake, our waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable about the wine list as well as the menu options. Because we have some crazy food allergies, dining is sometimes a challenge but she made ordering simple!

The food was DELICIOUS! We had dinner and appetizers...but our favorite part of the evening was dessert! We were craving smores...which The Shore Lodge provides nightly *outside* for their guests. We asked about the 'odds' of getting one of those smores to enjoy inside with our remaining wine...so what does our thoughtful waitress bring to us? A plate, drizzled with chocolate and two perfectly made smores!

I could go on and on because The Shore Lodge far exceeded our expectations on day two but I'll just leave it at...Don't miss out on The Shore Lodge, I highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2014
Dan S, General Manager at Shore Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share this awesome review. Making special moments for our guests, down to the last detail, is what it's all about. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to our very grateful staff. Hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,
Dan Scott

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I love love love the shore lodge's spa The Cove. We try to go every 6-9 months for 4 years now. We love McCall and come often. We have stayed at the Shore Lodge a number of times and everytime customer service in the front desk seems to be getting worse everytime. We enjoy eating at the narrows. However the 3 times we have ate at the narrows grill (the bar) it is horrible service, poorly made food, and not so great food. We will not make that mistake ago eating there... The garden view rooms are very
Modern and cute but you can hear everything from the other rooms and hall. The lake side suites are the only way to go if staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Boiseloves
Dan S, General Manager at Shore Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for your continued patronage of Shore Lodge, The Cove and The Narrows. I’m sorry to hear that your last experience at the grill wasn't up to the high-quality standards you have enjoyed in the past. I truly take your feedback to heart and will be sure to pass along a note to the entire team. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and provide improved service in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Without minimizing the great lake front location and very comfortable, recently upgraded rooms, I was most impressed with the staff. Everyone I met made me feel like an honored guest and a part of the Shore Lodge family. Smiles, a "can-do" attitude and friendly advice make Shore Lodge a great find. Special thanks to Brian, David, Trisha, Lindie, Ruben, Amber and Dan. I am sure there were others whose name I didn't get. Thanks for making us feel so welcome!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've been staying at the Shore Lodge for the past 4 years during winter carnival. Years 1-3, I was equally impressed with the lodgings as well as the customer service and hospitality of the staff.
This year, 2014, was the worst experience ever. The staff was rude upon check-in, informed us that they couldn't shuttle us to and from the winter carnival (as they could in the past) because they had a wedding that afternoon, and couldn't accommodate use - loyal, paying customers for the past several years. Really!!
Called for housekeeping because they failed to stock the room with coffee, toilet paper, etc- and this was after housekeeping had serviced the room. Two hours later housekeeping finally appeared with the items requested. Really!

Room Tip: Choose a lake view room. Gorgeous views!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mizdee2u
Dan S, General Manager at Shore Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Hello -

Thank you for your feedback and continued patronage of Shore Lodge. I am disappointed to hear that this visit was not up to the standards you've experienced in the past and truly apologize for any inconvenience. I will be sure to share your review with our team and make the necessary adjustments moving forward. I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and provide improved service in the near future.

-Dan Scott

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was my first visit to the resort and I could not have been more impressed. I loved the lakeside location and the resort itself is beautiful. Although I did not stay long enough to take full advantage of their spa and other amenities, I did have an outstanding meal in the Narrows Restaurant and I would highly recommend the Crispy Dungeness Crab Sausage appetizer. The staff at the property is quite special and everyone was friendly and went out of their way to make my stay special. I left early in the morning after a snowfall and was greeted with the snow having been cleared from my car. It was much appreciated on a frigid morning!

Room Tip: The lakeside rooms have a terrific view across the lake.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was my second trip to stay in the lodge beautifully situated on Payette Lake. Setting is right on the lake. Be sure to get a lake front room. Staff is friendly, food is tasty and well presented. Oh, did I mention it's right on the lake!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Simply Majestic! What an amazing place to visit in the fall! The change of the leave colors, the smell of the wood buring stoves in the early evening. The sunsets accross the lake, The cool night air. The town is small but just the right. Walk from the shops to the resturants downtown. Take a drive around the lake. I have taken some of the most beautiful pictures there. Jr Simpot's old Lake house is fun to look at. I reccomend checking out the beautful town of McCall if yu havent yet. The Shore Lodge is right in the center of town, you can't miss you. I feel this is a great place to escape adn enjoy the beauty in nature. Lots of animals and birds. Great fishing and sight seeing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jamiebrouhard
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge
#5 of 8 in McCall
Super 8 McCall
Super 8 McCall
#4 of 8 in McCall

Been to Shore Lodge? Share your experiences!