Shore Lodge
$133
Hotels.com
Super 8 McCall(McCall)(Great Value!)
$93
$106
$103
TripAdvisor
The Rustic Inn(McCall)(Great Value!)
$75
$133
$114
Priceline
Brundage Inn(McCall)(Great Value!)
$77
Travelocity
Long Valley Motel(Donnelly)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotels.com
Ashley Inn(Cascade)
$159
Travelocity
Cascade Lake Inn(Cascade)(Great Value!)
$65
Travelocity
All reviewspayette lakemovie theaterturn down serviceglass of wineshuttle servicebeautiful locationget awayfire pithot tubfirst raterooms are spacioushigh endgreat amenitiesoff seasoncookieswinter carnivalnarrows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've been staying at the Shore Lodge for the past 4 years during winter carnival. Years 1-3, I was equally impressed with the lodgings as well as the customer service and hospitality of the staff.
This year, 2014, was the worst experience ever. The staff was rude upon check-in, informed us that they couldn't shuttle us to and from the winter carnival (as they could in the past) because they had a wedding that afternoon, and couldn't accommodate use - loyal, paying customers for the past several years. Really!!
Called for housekeeping because they failed to stock the room with coffee, toilet paper, etc- and this was after housekeeping had serviced the room. Two hours later housekeeping finally appeared with the items requested. Really!

Room Tip: Choose a lake view room. Gorgeous views!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mizdee2u
Dan S, General Manager at Shore Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Hello -

Thank you for your feedback and continued patronage of Shore Lodge. I am disappointed to hear that this visit was not up to the standards you've experienced in the past and truly apologize for any inconvenience. I will be sure to share your review with our team and make the necessary adjustments moving forward. I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and provide improved service in the near future.

-Dan Scott

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was my first visit to the resort and I could not have been more impressed. I loved the lakeside location and the resort itself is beautiful. Although I did not stay long enough to take full advantage of their spa and other amenities, I did have an outstanding meal in the Narrows Restaurant and I would highly recommend the Crispy Dungeness Crab Sausage appetizer. The staff at the property is quite special and everyone was friendly and went out of their way to make my stay special. I left early in the morning after a snowfall and was greeted with the snow having been cleared from my car. It was much appreciated on a frigid morning!

Room Tip: The lakeside rooms have a terrific view across the lake.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was my second trip to stay in the lodge beautifully situated on Payette Lake. Setting is right on the lake. Be sure to get a lake front room. Staff is friendly, food is tasty and well presented. Oh, did I mention it's right on the lake!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Simply Majestic! What an amazing place to visit in the fall! The change of the leave colors, the smell of the wood buring stoves in the early evening. The sunsets accross the lake, The cool night air. The town is small but just the right. Walk from the shops to the resturants downtown. Take a drive around the lake. I have taken some of the most beautiful pictures there. Jr Simpot's old Lake house is fun to look at. I reccomend checking out the beautful town of McCall if yu havent yet. The Shore Lodge is right in the center of town, you can't miss you. I feel this is a great place to escape adn enjoy the beauty in nature. Lots of animals and birds. Great fishing and sight seeing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jamiebrouhard
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family returned to Shore Lodge as a Thanksgiving weekend getaway after our first delightful stay 3 years ago. We again found the food excellent, love the open-beam feel of the place, and of course the exquisite lake views are the centerpiece. These 5-star elements are much dampened by the inexperienced host staff--service throughout remained uneven, unenthusiastic and generally not what we expected at this price point. I reserved the Fireside Suite so we'd have the lake view to enjoy, along with our own fireplace. The rooms had been recently remodeled (why so dark now?), though not completely finished by the time of our visit. (Much of the facility is currently under construction). We were obliged to pay the full rate, even though the windows and balcony of our unit were still covered in construction plastic upon our arrival, and the fireplace was turned-off for several hours the second day, I assume due to construction. These issues should have been mitigated before we arrived. I insisted upon removal of the plastic so we could see the lake (why else did we drive 2 hours and pay $220/night?). The front desk staff balked, passed me from one person to another, then finally acknowledged with engineering that the plastic covering our deck and windows did not need to be there any longer--it had already been removed from all surrounding units. Once the front desk was on board, maintenance had the plastic down in 5 minutes. We spent much of our full day in the building with a fireplace that didn't turn on, and trying to synchronize with housekeeping, who finally cleaned the room (but not the shower) by about 4pm. I noticed breakfast dishes sat on the floor outside a neighboring door in the hallway until evening. All in all the experience underwhelmed. I expect we will look for a better value elsewhere for our next stay in McCall.

Room Tip: The rooms (when finished--see review) are very nice. Still, the lake view rooms are the reason to stay at Shore Lodge. If you are not interested in paying for one, better values are found elsewhere.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Norm S
Dan S, General Manager at Shore Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Hi Norm - thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, we truly value the feedback. We are sorry to hear that the construction caused some discomforts during your stay and we sincerely apologize for any inconsistencies in the staff's attention to the issue. We have been doing our best to notify about construction in advance, but of course we can always improve and will be sure to address your notes with the team. The remodel will be complete before the end of the year, and we hope you'll come back to see the updates and give us another chance to better your experience.

Thanks again,