“Exceeded expectations!”
Review of Shore Lodge

Shore Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We took a summer family road trip to Idaho, primarily to go to McCall where my husband was born. I dreaded the trip at first (preferring Hawaii....or...anywhere but Idaho!), but after doing a search and finding Shore Lodge online I thought, "this I can handle!".

When we arrived, I was stunned by the beauty of the place. Our room overlooked the lake and was spacious as well as luxurious. The staff was amazing, and catered to our every need. The resort is fronted by a lake with a sand beach, docks, boats for rent, and a water trampoline. There is also a fire pit where supplies for S'mores are provided nightly and guests gather to sit in white wooden rocking chairs and share conversation. The lounge has breathtaking views of the lake and mountains beyond. There is a family game room with table shuffleboard and other fun activities, and a small movie theater that serves popcorn, soda and other goodies. We were unable to book the movie (it only seats about 25 I think), but the staff delivered all the popcorn and goodies to our room for an "in suite" movie experience! There are bikes (no charge) to check out to ride around the lake. The little town of McCall is adorable as well.

My husband played golf at the Whitetail Golf Club, which he said was one of the best golf courses he has ever played (and he is a PGA golf professional!!). I highly recommend the Shore Lodge!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We brought out of town guests here for an overnight trip. The hotel is very nice, comfortable, and clean. We selected a room facing the lake on the 2nd floor and the view was magnificent. We would stay there again if we make another trip to McCall.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family has been coming to Shore Lodge since my grandparents made it a favorite spot of theirs in the 1950's. My brother was married there in the 1980s. To say the least, it is a very special place to us. McCall is magical, and Shore Lodge is THE place to stay if you don't have your own home on the lake. We recently stayed there the weekend before the crazy Fourth of July weekend and had such an amazing time. The new owners have thought of everything, down to the last detail. This is truly a first class place. Be sure to book ahead for a lake view room, it is well worth the extra price. Enjoy their lovely pool and hot tub, beach, free s'mores at the evening campfire, the wonderful Lounge chairs at the end of the docks gazing at the stars, the fun trampoline in the lake for the kids, the great bar and live Music, the wonderful restaurants, rent boats, jet skis or whatever you desire to enjoy some lake time, free cruiser bikes, the movie theater...I could go on and on. Simply outstanding. I am so heart warmed that a place as special as this has been taken to a new level of elegance and high level of care and attention to detail- without being a private and exclusive club, but a place open for all to enjoy again. Everything...simply perfect. Bravo to the new ownership team. I couldn't recommend Shore Lodge more enthusiastically!

Room Tip: Lake side room is wonderful if you can afford it. If not, you still won't be disappointed if you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 103lisas103
Dan S, General Manager at Shore Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Your review simply made our day - thanks so much for sharing your story! We have been honored to be the second home to families like yours for generations and we look forward to continuing to be a part of your special memories for years to come.

Thanks again, safe travels!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Visited Shore Lodge recently to attend a family wedding. Facilities are lovely, food and service very good. Had two meals at the Lake Grill and they were excellent. Wait staff attentive and friendly. Did not stay in the hotel, so cannot rate the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2013

From the moment I booked my stay, I knew that it was going to be a great weekend. I was given a call the day before welcoming me and asking if there were any services I would like booked before I arrived. The room was serene and the view was incredible. It was hard to leave the view to explore the town, but when I did, I found that there were beach cruisers available for use. What a great way to explore McCall! The evening around the beach campfire making s'mores and chatting with other guests was a perfect end to an adventurous day. One night was not enough. I will be back many more times!

Room Tip: Get a lake view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We attended a business meeting here and first was a little set back by the price until we got here. we had a lake view suite which was beautiful and totally clean. My husband felt the bed was too hard for him but I slept great. The curtains allow no light in so even slept in which is rare for me. The balcony was comfy and a beautiful view, didn't feel like you were sitting with your next door neighbor. Had room service ordered and was exactly on time which was great since we had a meeting. The hotel is so beautiful with pool, spa, sauna, racquetball, tennis and even cruiser bikes you can borrow. We didn't have time to take in a movie but what a great option, we popped in and found many enjoying the movie. Starbucks was a bit off (used to consistency) but they fixed it when it wasn't right. I could hear walking above us a bit but other then that the rooms were silent. Turndown service was great, light jazz playing in the room and choco chip cookies waiting for me. Also nice to have the refrigerator in the room. We didn't partake in the smore's but a great idea. One thing we thought was odd was the free valet service took my car across the street in a dirt parking lot. Given we took my "baby" convertible we opted to park it later ourselves in the lot next to the hotel. This may not matter to some but we are overly picky. This hotel doesn't seem to have missed anything in making this visit feel like you were visiting a friends lake home. We will definitely be back again!! This was business so filled up most of our time but will come back for pleasure to enjoy all the amenities!!

Room Tip: pay extra for the lake view suite
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2013

While I did not stay overnight at the Shore Lodge, I was able to tour the facility as I attended a wedding here. The lakefront is absolutely breathtaking. My friend had a suite and the view from the balcony was to die for. To just walk out onto your own private beach and let the kids splash around was heavenly. Next time we are in McCall this is the place to be.
Facilities were exceptional. The service was wonderful, the food even better. There is almost no place more beautiful in Idaho. Being able to sit out on a perfect June evening and take in Payette Lake and having all your needs met it was the best night! I can't say enough positive things about the service. Everyone was accommodating, and an absolute pleasure to work with. I highly recommend the Shore Lodge, even if it's just to eat and enjoy the scenery.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge
#5 of 8 in McCall
Brundage Inn
Brundage Inn
#7 of 8 in McCall

Been to Shore Lodge? Share your experiences!