“Dinner at the Lodge”

and 1 more site!
Shore Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband and my best friend surprised me with a weekend in beautiful McCall, Idaho for my birthday. One of the highlights being dinner at the Shore Lodge. We were greeted at the door by very friendly staff and were seated at a table overlooking the lake. The manager sent over a wonderful amuse-bouche of pork belly and scallops. Amazing! For starters the fondue with cheddar and stout. A non traditional recipe but very tasty. A lovely bottle of wine. My friend and I both had the filet mignon. Also amazing! My husband had the buffalo short ribs with an asian twist. He cleaned his plate. We finished our meal with a cocktail in the jazzy bar next to the restaurant. Everything about our experience here was an A++. A very big thanks to John Wood and his staff. I cannot wait to visit again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Shore Lodge

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I am very sorry to be writing this review. We have had so many wonderful lunches and dinners at the Shore Lodge but I must advise staying away from the Sunday brunch. Order from the menu instead! The brunch is scrambled eggs, cold potatoes, a Mexican dish of some kind and bacon or sausage. And, of course, OATMEAL!! The fresh fruit was good and had a nice presentation. The service is always good and the setting beautiful. We will certainly go back but not for the brunch!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank smithlois
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel attending a convention. The only problem is that I was in meetings all day and did not have time to enjoy the beauty of the hotel and its location. My room was on the first floor, opening right out onto the lake. The room was spacious and comfortable with good amenities. The setting is gorgeous, right on the lake. I loved the free s'mores by the fire pit each night! Nice touch. Staff was friendly and helpful. I did not have an opportunity to try the restaurants, as meals were served as part of the convention. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This hotel is in an excellent location. The rooms were fabulous, very clean and beautiful. The outdoor pool was heated to a comfortable temperature and the hot tub was nice, too! One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marie H
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Room was comfortable and large, lake view was amazing! Food was good, spendy but good. Amenities were plentiful and fun.

Room Tip: Definatey opt for the lake view!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Just returned from three nights at the shore lodge. I've been a fan but I really love the details that they have incorporated in the past couple years. Such a magically place with the natural beauty of the payette lake and surrounding trees. Notice more landscaping around the beach side. Loved it. S'mores in the evening for the kids complimentary. Loved out boat tour with Scott. Nice guy and was great with our children. Food was wonderful. Can't wait to return in a few months.

Room Tip: Ask for first level lake view close to the pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We hosted a large group for several days, and we were amazed at the quality of service and attention to detail, We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge
#6 of 8 in McCall
Brundage Bungalows
Brundage Bungalows
#4 of 11 in McCall

Been to Shore Lodge? Share your experiences!