“Great Value”
Review of Third Street Inn

Third Street Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had booked this motel well in advance, and I paid in advance in order to get the cheapest rate. The price was about $60, so I wasn't expecting much. I was surprised by the high quality of this facility. Modern rooms, nice breakfast, and very helpful staff. Within easy walking distance of several restaurants. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
TimWML, General Manager at Third Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Tom. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate very much the opportunity to have served your overnight needs. We will be sure and pass your compliments along to the staff.

We hope to see you again soon!

Tim Cogdill / General Manger

There are newer reviews for Third Street Inn

Reviewed June 25, 2013

While we were taking a trip throughout Idaho, we stopped here for our first night. The beds were very comfortable, breakfast was VERY good, its easy on the pocket, and the staff is very friendly and professional. It does need some updating but thats about it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
TimWML, General Manager at Third Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted we met your expectations and hope to see you again!

Regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Enjoyed our stay. Great room. Other hotels wouldn't let us stay there with our "large" dog. This hotel is very pet friendly. Hot tub & pool were very clean. The staff was very friendly. We will stay here again & will recommend this hotel to family & friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan I

Thank you for your feedback.

Short of potbellied pigs and miniature horses we pride ourselves on being pet friendly. We hope you were able to retrieve some of the treats we keep at the front desk for our furry friends. Did you know we received an award for "five bones" from bringfido.com? That means we got a perfect score from our pet owners who stayed with us. We were pretty proud of that.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel is in extreme need of some TLC and updating. We stayed only for one night (thankfully) and I will not be back unless there are some improvements to the property. If you are going to McCall, spend a little extra and stay at one of the many other options in town. The room was out of the early 80's and the hairdryer was so outdated it looked like something out of a 70's tribute museum (I even took a picture of it because I have never seen anything so terrible - it looked like a mini vacuum cleaner on the wall!). The bedding was cheap and provided no comfort or warmth, the sheets actually felt like they had fabric pills all over them. The mattress was hard and uncomfortable. Someone near us took a shower and it was so loud it sounded like it was in our room! There were shoe scuff marks (!!) on the wallpaper above the bed headboard. There was no screen in the window. There was this OLD lazy boy recliner in the room that was just nasty looking - and to make it even better, when you pushed out the foot rest, a big piece of it was missing showing just the frame. The breakfast was mostly cheap carbs and there was a creepy guy eating the breakfast when he wasn't clearing the tables. Common areas were out of date and definitely NOT something to rave about. Old TV in our room - and funny that on our way out the next day, they were selling the old TV's in the parking lot - NOT classy. The woman at the front desk was nice - but that is the only good thing I have to say about it, other than that it is in McCall, one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Your review of our property is appreciated and we thank you for your feedback. We also want to apologize for your experience. It truly is not lost on us you have many choices to meet your accommodation needs in McCall.

When I arrived at this property three years ago the ownership was excited as was I for the pending remodel. However, due to the economy that has not yet happened. On our own we have made gradual improvements such as the hair dryer you noted in your review. We have in fact replaced over half of those nostalgic (code for older) hair dryers and offer new ones at the counter upon request. We have replaced the wall paper in over a third of our bathrooms with a neutral, modern paint. We have new comforters, new pillows and some more improvements that are modest but that we hope will make a difference in our guest experience. Gradual improvements will continue.

Having spent 10 years with a major hotel chain in many different states (my wife often jokes with me that being in McCall is my sabbatical) I share with my staff all the time there are three key areas we need to ensure are perfect for every guest, every stay. 1. A clean room. 2. Friendly service. 3. A great breakfast.

As the General Manager I take personal responsibility we fell short. It is my intention should you respond to my inquiry to ensure accuracy, to refund your stay. I have also directed our facilities manager to inspect and remove any recliner / lounge chair that may present a negative impression.

If you are ever in the McCall area again, you certainly deserve an apology in person to which I would be happy to make.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

WE reserved the room for 2 nights just so my wife and i could get away as we raise 3 grandchildren who are severly ADHD. We got checked in, Our room being next to the pool had at least 20 kids screaming as loud as they could with no parental supervision....Thats the start of it all....Then went to use the eletronic door key and i had to go back 7 times to have it reprogramed to get back in! So i complained and they put us in another room,( packing all our stuff up) and moving, Guess what? Happened again so i asked to check out! Rachel the assistant manager felt bad and gave us the first night free, gave us a mini suit at normal room rates and a free bottle of wine! Thank you Rachel !! But the noise continued at the pool all night long and coming to find out that they let anyone off the streets come and use the pool and hot tub....I cant say i will stay there again but thanks again Rachel for trying to cover up your owners poor way of running a hotel! Jon Cline, Payette, Idaho

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool if you want to relax!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nashvillejonny
TimWML, General Manager at Third Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I want to apologize for your experience not being what it should have been.

We did indeed have problems with a bad batch of keycards and have remedied that issue. The pool hours are 7am -10pm and should be managed accordingly. That obviously did not happen and again, our apologies for that as well.

We do allow our local residents to use the pool for swimming lessons if those lessons are held in designated hours which do not impact our peak periods of business and do not affect the comfort of our guests. That policy may have to be revisited / managed better or altogether discontinued.

It is not lost on us you have other choices to accommodate your overnight needs. It is our hope if you are again in McCall that we may have another opportunity to "get it right". We did drop the ball on our service to you and though it appears we did make our best effort to correct the situation, we should have done better in that our employee was not put in a situation as they were. As the General Manager I take responsibility for that and will take steps to rectify.

You compliments to Rachel are appreciated and will be shared.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We've stayed here for the past 3 or 4 years and we love it. We've had hiccups but every hotel will. The rooms are comfortable and large and reasonably priced. My son loves the breakfast and the pool. This morning there was a large bowl of fresh strawberries which make his day. Last year I spent 20 minutes on the phone with one of the gentlemen telling me all the great (free) sledding hills and any time I've asked the staff for anything they've always been smiling and helpful. I can't wait to see what the upgrades will bring.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Indecker
TimWML, General Manager at Third Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to have met your expectations for several years in a row!

Your comments will be shared with the staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We almost gave up on our trip to McCall when we couldn't find a hotel for under $100 a night that would take all 6 of us in one room and then I stumbled upon the America's Best Value Inn and honestly thanked God for it!

Not only did we get a room with 3 beds, but we got a decent breakfast, great service, and a pool to play in when it was too chilly out to go to the lake. It is all about expectations. We understood that this was a budget hotel and things weren't going to be the same as The Shore Lodge or other upscale area hotels.

The Good:
The service is excellent. We balked for a moment when we found out that there wasn't any elevator and our room was on the 2nd floor, but the staff was willing to help lug our stuff up stairs, and it really wasn't that hard.
They helped me with patience when I had trouble (user error) with the washing machine.
The place is a great value for a family. The family sized rooms are over the lobby and common areas, which alleviates the stress for trying to keep the little ones from running and jumping every second.
The tub was large and a jacuzzi.
The breakfast was helpful to have for our large family. I would like to see more healthy options – whole wheat bread options, more fruit, and non-dairy milk.

The Bad:
The place is older and is a bit worn. It could use some paint and such.
The beds were hard for us, but that is because we are used to memory foam.

Room Tip: If you need the 3 beds, they are ONLY on the 2nd floor, so be prepared.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Best Western Plus Mccall Lodge & Suites
#4 of 8 in McCall
The Rustic Inn
The Rustic Inn
#6 of 8 in McCall

Been to Third Street Inn? Share your experiences!