“Won't Stay Anywhere Else”
Review of Third Street Inn

Third Street Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in McCall
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We've stayed here for the past 3 or 4 years and we love it. We've had hiccups but every hotel will. The rooms are comfortable and large and reasonably priced. My son loves the breakfast and the pool. This morning there was a large bowl of fresh strawberries which make his day. Last year I spent 20 minutes on the phone with one of the gentlemen telling me all the great (free) sledding hills and any time I've asked the staff for anything they've always been smiling and helpful. I can't wait to see what the upgrades will bring.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Indecker
TimWML, General Manager at Third Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to have met your expectations for several years in a row!

Your comments will be shared with the staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Tim Cogdill

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We almost gave up on our trip to McCall when we couldn't find a hotel for under $100 a night that would take all 6 of us in one room and then I stumbled upon the America's Best Value Inn and honestly thanked God for it!

Not only did we get a room with 3 beds, but we got a decent breakfast, great service, and a pool to play in when it was too chilly out to go to the lake. It is all about expectations. We understood that this was a budget hotel and things weren't going to be the same as The Shore Lodge or other upscale area hotels.

The Good:
The service is excellent. We balked for a moment when we found out that there wasn't any elevator and our room was on the 2nd floor, but the staff was willing to help lug our stuff up stairs, and it really wasn't that hard.
They helped me with patience when I had trouble (user error) with the washing machine.
The place is a great value for a family. The family sized rooms are over the lobby and common areas, which alleviates the stress for trying to keep the little ones from running and jumping every second.
The tub was large and a jacuzzi.
The breakfast was helpful to have for our large family. I would like to see more healthy options – whole wheat bread options, more fruit, and non-dairy milk.

The Bad:
The place is older and is a bit worn. It could use some paint and such.
The beds were hard for us, but that is because we are used to memory foam.

Room Tip: If you need the 3 beds, they are ONLY on the 2nd floor, so be prepared.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

From the previous reviews and a 4-ball rating, I expected a bit more. I'm not picky; I just like clean, well-maintained properties. Unfortunately, Am. Best Value fell a bit short. The areas where they fell below the very good rating were: no elevator so we had to schlep our luggage up the stairs, hallways looked worn, only 3 pillows on the bed and scratchy sheets, no fan in the bathroom that worked (the one there was dirty and gross-looking and had no effect on the humidity), only 2 bath towels in the bathroom, breakfast was OK but no one was there to keep it clean so there were spills and only 2 pieces of a strawberry left for fruit. Overall, it was an OK place to stay, but only average at best.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
TimWML, General Manager at Third Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

My first order of business is to apologize for not exceeding your expectations, much less meeting them. As the General Manager I take full responsibility for your experience and will share your comments with the staff for training purposes. It is not lost on us that you have many places to choose to stay in McCall and your put your trust and confidence in us. You deserved better.

We pride ourselves in three key areas. Cleanliness, friendly service and a great breakfast. We realize these "key" areas are critical to our success. So I thank you for your feedback.

It is my hope if you are ever in the McCall area again you will give us a "second chance" to provide you with an experience you deserve. Should we be so fortunate to have that opportunity, please make it a point to contact me directly before your arrival and relate your previous experience to me so that I may personally monitor your comfort.

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - McCall

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We needed a place to rest from Boise to Winchester and stumbled across the Western Mountain Lodge online. We booked a night and were greeted with warm and yummy chocolate chip cookies and a very friendly front desk staff. The walk around the town was great and not far from the hotel. The drive around the lake was nice as well - but lots of mosquitoes so bring repellant if you want to get out and walk around. Milkshakes at the place across the street were delicious. They suggested we book a room for the trip back, and good thing we did because the entire town was totally booked up when we got back in town later on the same week. Breakfast both mornings helped to kick start us each day and the pool and jacuzzi were well maintained and we went when there were no screaming kids. Room was nice with a couch, frig, microwave - everything was perfect. Even got to see a bear in the garbage early one morning. Overall a great place that even gave us the government discount - even better place with the great price. We would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank regina812
TimWML, General Manager at Third Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Well "for sure" we like your comment! (humor).

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we did. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Tim Cogdill / General Manager & Staff

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We were up at McCall to ski Brundage and eat at the Blue Moon Yurt, and made no reservations to stay anywhere. Dropped into the Western because it is "downtown" and the manager was nothing less than amazingly gracious! Gave us a little upgrade to our room, was super friendly and humble, and just repeatedly let us know how he could be of any assistance. There was an expanded continental breakfast from 6-10 that was also nice. The room was fine, the heating unit was tremendous, and we walked everywhere we needed to go.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hartimage
timcogdill, General Manager at Third Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted you found our service and our hotel met your expectations. We always strive to give an upgrade whenever we can, we are happy you noticed.

Please keep us in mind for your next trip to McCall.

Regards,

& Staff

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I left my ring at the hotel and a worker found it and promptly gave it to the front desk. I called as soon as i realized it was lsot they sent it to me the next day. I was also impressed with their willingness to help out when my son asked them a million questions. The hot tub is so hot, so rear do you find this.
I will always stay at this hotel when I travel to McCall.

Room Tip: call the hotel directly to book a room for best price.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Araminta S

Thank you for your comments.

We are very happy to have helped recover your ring. Guests leave us many things each month, but something as special as a ring makes us nervous to find (humor).

Please consider us for your accommodations the next time you are in McCall.

& Staff

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Had a great time at The Western Mountain Lodge. My wife and i booked the Mini Suite, and it was a perfect room. Very roomy for us, comfortable bed, and a very comforable little couch. Friend staff, great FREE morning breakfast. Very good location, just about a 5-10min walk downtown to the lake, local shops, and all the local watering holes!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aaron G
TimWML, General Manager at Third Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted to have met your expectations.

Please keep us in mind for your future travels!

Tim Cogdill & Staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near McCall
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - The Hunt Lodge
#6 of 8 in McCall
Brundage Inn
Brundage Inn
#7 of 8 in McCall

Been to Third Street Inn? Share your experiences!