“There is no better meal to be bought in McCall, period.”

Steamers Steak & Seafood
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in McCall
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2010

McCall is a small town and there isn't many places to get an above average dinner served by well trained staff, prepared by a fabulous chef. Every time I wander to another place to eat I wish I would have just went back to the place that is always consistant. Their rack of lamb is to die for!!

1  Thank coolguyBoiseIdaho

Reviewed June 14, 2010

Our first visit to Idaho and McCall. Our foursome stopped in for dinner. Was afraid it might be too formal for our casual group, but it wasn't at all. The waitress was one of the most welcoming and friendly people we met on our trip. The restaurant wasn't busy - maybe 1 or 2 other tables taken. I thought I would order seafood after reading the reviews, but the bbq shanks caught my eye, couldn't resist - fall-off-the-bone, great bbq sauce. Hubby and friends ordered steak and a pasta dish. We had the brie appetizer, and walnut goat cheese salads, both were great. Full by the time the entrees arrived - doggy bags for everyone. Waitress surprised us with a birthday apple cobbler (the trip to Idaho was to celebrate the big 5-0). Another doggy bag! Enjoyed it all - hope to return.

1  Thank love2gogogo
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Excellent food, atmosphere is the best in town.

1  Thank batteryu
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We spend a lot of time in McCall and there are only a few local restaurants that we look forward to. The owners are active and take pride in the dinning experience. The decor is relaxed and informal. Our favorites are the steamer clams, the onion soup, rack of lamb and the whatever the fish special is (Halibut is fantastic). Always great service and the food is delivered hot.

1  Thank McCall
Reviewed February 10, 2010

I visited McCall knowing i would eat here after reading some of the reviews. Its truly rare in this day and age to walk into an established restaurant and have the owners of the place come and sit and talk with you just because they care. The first night i went to eat here though i wasn't feeling what was on the menu... i wanted ribs. After talking with Darren the owner, he recommended the only place in town i could get ribs... "The Mill". So we left and went there, that was a mistake i wont hold against the owner of the establishment. After all I said i wanted ribs... read my review on the mill for how that went. SO the next night i went back to Steamers and was immediately greeted by the owners again who remembered me from the night before and asked how everything was going. Long story short i hope he never recommends The Mill again for anything other then drinks. I then ordered the bbq pork shank and mashed potatoes. My girlfriend ordered the beef tenderloin (filet mignon) with mashed potatoes. They dont have a frier and do not do french fries (which honestly french fries would have ruined the class of the meal). When my food arrived i sliced in to the pork and it all slid right off the bone. The way it should have. The mashed potatoes were the perfect consistency and the warm bread that was served was done right, with butter that was soft and spreadable not cold and hard. It was the best meal that i've had in over 2 years. She said hers was the best meal she had ever eaten. We were so stuffed i didnt feel i could eat another bite...but Darren obviously feeling bad about suggesting someplace else the night before, brought us out a chocolate mousse toffee pie with kahula in it. I admit i am a chocoholic and she is too, so when we tasted that lil slice of heaven we joyously made room for it. I then gladly paid the 60 dollars plus tip for the meal knowing that i'd finally had a meal that was actually worth the money. It is by far the best restaurant you will eat at in Mccall. I recommend you starting your day off at the pancake house and finishing it off at Steamers. They unfortunately are unable to get a liqour license but if you want a nice drink before or after your meal go next door to Forresters, grab a drink then go back to Steamers and have the best meal in Idaho. Tell Darren and Lauri, Lloyd and MJ sent ya and we still havent found a better meal yet!!!

3  Thank lwillits01

Been to Steamers Steak & Seafood? Share your experiences!