“Excellent food and service.”

Steamers Steak and Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 62 Restaurants in McCall
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Eureka, California
“Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2009

My family, including two very young children, had a great experience eating here. The service was excellent. The appetizers were delicious, and the entrees were world class. Prices were reasonable. We all had different things including a pasta dish, fish, steak, and a surf and turf that was to die for (see photo). And they even had Chimay Grande Reserve beer, which for me is the ultimate test of a quality restaurant. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Hayduke

Meridian, ID
“OK, But Not Great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

Some people have said that this is the best restaurant in McCall. That may be true. But we found the food to be quite pedestrian. The sauce on the Oysters Rockefeller was gummy as was the New England Clam Chowder. My steak was tender, but bland. Scallops, shrimp and crab legs all tasted like they had been frozen for a very long time. The cooks were not wearing any hair restraints. The bathrooms were filthy. The area behind the bar was dusty and dirty. I have to admit, the atmosphere was fun. Service was OK. Oh well, maybe that's as good as it gets in McCall.

3 Thank dealm8ker
Sun Valley, ID
“Just what we were looking for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2008

We stopped in for dinner at Steamer's after walking by it earlier in the day, and found just the kind of meal we were looking for. Its cozy and quaint on the inside, great people watching if you're sitting by the large windows near the front, and the menu selections were great. There were alot of different options, and we were happy we ended up getting the clams (VERY buttery and wonderful), steak, lamb, and salads. It was the best meal we had on our trip!

1 Thank SawtoothClub
Boise
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

This is our second visit to Steamers and my DH & I both absolutely love love love it!

We have ordered the steamed clams both times and they are to die for! Very garlicky and buttery - oh so good.

I had the "Surf & Turf" - the filet mignon topped with lobster and asparagus with the mashed potatoes. It was so yummy! DH had the Rib Eye I believe...all I remember is he enjoyed it as well. I think he was truly jealous of my meal :)

The service was terrific and the restaurant itself was very cozy - all like we had remembered from before.

We love Steamers and look forward to going there every time we go to McCall!

Kennewick
“Fantastic Food!! Great Service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2007

Steamer's in downtown McCall is well worth the price. My wife and I were looking for something romantic and off the beaten path. Steamer's was just that; food was outstanding and the wine bar provided a large selection of great NW wines. Atomsphere was great and the service outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant if your looking to take the spouse out for a nice quiet romantic dinner.

5 Thank rettig333